MicroArduCopter, 3" props, Omnibus Nano, Success!

It must be changeable - it is for me. There’s no way I could tune any of my small copters if I started at 0.001

Set is as low as you want.

1E-05 does not work for me. Mission Planner says it is out of range and if I refresh the parameters, it still remains at 0.001 so autotune don’t start

Power cycle the board after changing and saving the parameter value.

clicking OK on MP’s out of range message, and clicking WriteParams again, works for me.

Works yep! :slight_smile:

Thanks dkemxr and ambattuhari :slight_smile:

Hi, bro.
I received your request for the PID settings of my sub250g quadcopter. I’ll be in my lab tomorrow morning and I will do my best to remember to send it to you. Regards!

My main reason is that I want to keep my quad below 250g to avoid bureaucracy when doing academic experiments. My current setup has only 118g including all sensors and a companion computer. With a 2S 18650 battery, it can fly for more than 25 minutes.

1 Like

Thanks Ricardo!

Help friends!
I had a crash … on the ceiling! In alt hold it has always been quite unstable, but with half gas it often had a stable balance. While I was trying on alt hold, the quad went at full speed to the top, crashing into the ceiling !! I looked at the alt hold parameters and they look correct, but if I hold the quad and move the gas in alt hold mode (in sabilize it’s ok), sometimes it accelerates the motors to maximum. Could it be a problem with the barometer? I put some spray contact cleaner on the usb, could it have gone on the sponge-covered barometer?
These are the parameters of my alt hold. In stabilize it flies well … help!

|MOT_THST_HOVER|0,152483|

|PSC_ACCZ_I|0,3|
|PSC_ACCZ_P|0,15|

Hi @Alberto_Ds for the quad rocketing to roof I had a similar problem, see an old post by me in this thread (Sep 9), the cause (spiked vibrations) and the solution (FC dumping) was suggested by @Paul_Atkin1

The other solution is maybe to try the notch filter - this makes my 3" quad incredibly smooth now

Hi Andrea, thanks!
I ordered this … but I already have the rings mounted on my quad.
I try with double rings as soon as they arrive …

Thanks Andy,

how can i set the notch filter?
Now is disable:

INS_NOTCH_ENABLE,0

Alberto I use this for damping my FC, I think is more effective

I’ve only seen it right now … I’ve already sent :roll_eyes:. I’ll make a new one!

Thanks!

See this discussion https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/how-to-work-with-the-notch-filter

Thanks Andy,
i have read the discussion sul notch filter, but my FC (hakrc mini F4 quad 90mm 2" props) don’t have the SD card slot, so i don’t can read the log and i don’t know where is the vibrations spike and so i don’t know how to set the filter. Can i test something also without read the log?

I think you probably either need to use esc telemetry to set the notch if you have it or dynamic FFT. Neither of these are in 4.0 right now.

You don’t need an SD card if that FC has flash space for Block logging. Awfully limited feature set if it doesn’t support that.

it doesn’t support that… :roll_eyes: for only 15 USD