C-Fly Faith/JJRC X12/EX4 Changing parameters and/or connecting Mission Planner, etc

Flow invalid means that the optical sensor’s image contrast/brightness isn’t sufficient to detect movement. If you were to switch to a properly lit environment it should turn into flow valid and be able to use it in altitude mode only.

Oh, okay, thanks for the info.

Hi Arminas. QGroundControl installed on a PC (Windows) is not simple to connect to the EX4 drone WiFi or, better, when connected gives no chances to work as with the Android app. The way suggested, to use it installing the app required under BlueStack environment works fine but I do not like it.
Another way to connect the drone to the PC is via USB cable as completely described by Denis here. I saw that in this case is very simple reading and modifying the EX4 parameters. Entering in Vehicle Setup you have free access to the Parameters collection. The drawback is the difficult to get the Molex connector but if you are patient…

Indeed, getting a USB “hardwire” connection to the EX4 is a bit of a handful, you’ll need some soldering skills and those Molex connectors plus the USB plugs themselves. If you don’t mind the handy work then by all means go for it, it’s safer than the wifi “hack” using QCG+C-Fly which I agree isn’t very elegant, but it does allow you to actually use a full size laptop and its increased resolution to see the output from the EX4 camera while actually still being able to use the controller for flying the quad, although flying with such a contraption of a setup might prove even more complicated than using the usual controller+phone combo.

I haven’t personally tried this, I’d rather stick to the known “evil”

Yes, I know this method, of course It is harder because you have to do physical changes to the drone. Where can I find those molex connectors to buy? Searching in google gives me bigger connectors.

Look up in the messages, there was a link posted by someone. I don’t have it at hand but the aliexpress store he mentioned was still selling those.

1 Like

Yesterday I made flying time test and Eachine was in the air (not stationary flight) for exactly 15 min with a Rhino 2200mAh LIPO battery. Remaining voltage at the end was 3.65v per cell.

Good job - looks like I will be testing it out myself - while working on things a few weeks ago I left my pack fully charged instead of in Storage Mode - today I came to check it over for holidays and found it puffed and popping the top out of the battery. Time to get printing - thanks again, Mark

Hello, did you notice any difference in range after replacing the onboard antennas to patch one’s?
If anybody tried to replace the drone’s antenna’s, what range did you get?

I found a way to increase drone’s and controller’s connection dBm by changing the country code from US to GY, but then the drone doesn’t want to connect to the controller, I think because you need to change the country code on the drone too.

I did that by connecting to the controller’s wifi (Ground-xxxxx) with a computer, connecting to the FTP server:
Protocol: SCP
Hostname: 172.50.10.254
Username: root
Password: (none)

by going to /etc/config/wireless:

config wifi-device 'radio0'
	option type 'qcawifi'
	option phy 'wifi0'
	option channel '36'
	option hwmode '11na'
	option htmode 'HT20'
	option country 'GY'
    option txpower 30
	option burst '1'
	option ani_enable '0'
	option acktimeout '120'
	option quick_setup '60'
	option macaddr '1c:40:e8:17:17:21'
	option qca_chanbw '10'

config wifi-iface 'rep0'
	option device 'radio0'
	option ifname 'ath0'
	option network 'lan'
	option mode 'sta'
	option extap '1'
	option vap_ind '1'
	option set11NRates '0x80808080'
	option encryption 'none'
	option disabled '0'
	option ssid 'Drone-*******'

You need to change option country 'US' to GY, and then add another line:
option txpower 30

Then you can connect to SSH of the controller (same credentials as FTP), and after logging in type:
iwconfig, you can see that it shows 30dBm:

But of course then the drone doesn’t connect to the controller. Maybe someone could help me figure this out? This would be great to increase the range in software.

The drone has these ports open:

Hello, I have compass/gyro calibration problems, when I fly my drone the gimbal is behaving weirdly, sometimes I can move it up to the sky, or when I make a turn with the drone, the gimbal is not in horizontal level.
How can I calibrate it with Mission Planner? Because the shitty calibration functions in C-FLY app only make it worse, I sometimes get gyro calibration error. I When calibrating compass, should I leave the default Roll180Yaw90 ? And should I click “Live calibration”?:

EDIT: I followed this tutorial how to calibrate compass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TwPvTY5JOs Everything seems alright, tommorow I will try to fly the drone. But it’s so unreliabe, I think I will have to sell it and buy DJI mini/2.

Hello gbal, I am having issues to find the user / password while trying to connect via SHC.

can you shared me the user/password you found in yours to verify if it can work in mine?

Thanks.

Hi Julio.
What kind of difficulty did you experience?

Hello guys, I had a crash with my EX4 some months ago; my camera lens got broken, some arms and the gimbal didn’t work any more since then. I just replaced the camera and the video card but the gimbal still doesn’t work. While I was trying to figure out what was the problem with it I pressed the power button in the dron 4 times and after that I couldn´t connect with my cellphone to it anymore.
I realized later the drone wifi’s name has changed so now the controller and drone wifi doesn’t match. I already tried to repeat the 4 times pressing the power button process in the drone but it keeps the same number this time.

I tried to pair again the remote controller with the drone but when I open the Enjoy Fly app it shows a message as “unconnected”.

I connected to the remote controller wifi and used the IP address to access to the setting but it askes for an user/password, I tried with root/admin, admin/admin, admin/1234 and some different combinations but it doesn’t work.

I have read some posts here about some people with a similar issue but I’m really new about this topic, this is my first drone and I’m having a hard time.
If any of you guys could help me with my problem I will really appretiate it.

Thanks for your time.

Hello gbal, I just posted the issue I am having here.

Thanks for asking, if you could help me would be awesome!

Julio, you can find here a detailed description of the procedure to get what you are searching for

Hello,
Well, I recharged my EX4 after 4 months of inactivity.
I have one of the batteries which has swelled.
If you want to recover the hull, you must fully discharge the battery before working on it!
Otherwise at the slightest shock it will catch fire.

Could someone point me at using QGround Control with the EX4 Pro please.
The gatewat is 254 as normal which I assume is the controller - never see the drone so not sure if that is still.1?
Connection is all good with the cfly app
I have not used QGround Control before so a step by step would be great please
Thanks, Mark

Found it way up there in the thread so will try tomorrow