C-Fly Faith/JJRC X12/EX4 Changing parameters and/or connecting Mission Planner, etc

Does someone know if it’s possible to watch optical flow camera live feed?

Also, how can I get my drone flight logs? I saw that someone in this forum posted a txt document with flight data.

Hello, If I only want to look at the parameters of QGroundControl but control the drone with Enjoy-fly, If the QGC loses connection would I still be able to control the drone?

Hi.
I do not know if it’s possible (answering to your firsty question)
Instead you will find the fly data logs in the folder Listener of your Enjoy-Fly or C-Fly app (on your phone of course), The format of these TXT file are slightly different depending from the app that you use

Thanks for the answer.

I wonder if there Is a way to increase Wifi power of the drone’s controller, It uses OpenWrt linux distro, with LEDE. I can connect to the SSH, I also connected to FTP server of the controller, you have to use SCP file protocol and port 22, you have full permissions to edit the files.

Hi everyone, I have a problem with gimbal behaving strangely when the drone is tilted at high angles (see video). When this happens, the gimbal stops working, the camera is looking downwards. After several seconds it starts working again (sometimes not). Any ideas why this happens and how to fix it?
The drone is Eachine EX4 pro (3 km).

https://vimeo.com/548127577

Hi guys, I have an ex4 eachine drone (3km version). I bought it used after falling down. I had to change the coax cable to the camera to get the image back. The gimbal though was not moving. So as I’m an electronicer I discovered that the MPU6050 accelerometer on the camera board was burned and I replaced the MPU6050 chip with another one (very difficult process to do). Now the gimbal turns on when turning the drone on, and does the calibration moving from side to side, but at the end of the process it just moves with full power to the bottom and after that stops completely. Is this behavior explained because I used a new MPU6050 chip? If yes how can I configure the new chip and the gimbal in general?
Another issue is that if I leave the battery out of the drone for half an hour and put it back the gimbal moves but if I have the battery always placed on and I turn the drone on a second time the gimbal then doesn’t work. It’s like the system needs to dicharge all it’s capacitors in order for the gimbal to work. Does this have to do with the settings in the memory of the MPU6050?

Looks great, thanks for taking the time to get the fitment correct. Question, how much flight time are you getting out of 2200mah pack, and what is the weight compared to the original pack?

Same thing happens to me.

Hi all. Most of us, owners of an EX4 drone (either 1KM or 3 KM version) are afflicted by this big drawback, It is very penalizing because we have to work hard to cut and/or modify our footage to eliminate the defects (crooked horizon and hops during the yaw movement).
Unfortunately, I experienced most of the remedies suggested on the web without benefits. The advice was related to change some parameters, lubricate the gimbal motors axis, clean the conductors ribbon around the yaw motor, and so on.
The only wise thing is to keep us in touch to try all the ideas that could be proposed. :joy:

Hello, Is it possible to connect the drone to QGroundControl on PC? Because It only works with phone app, seems like the Mavlink connections occurs only on one device after turning on C-FLY/Enjoy-Fly.

Yes, of course. It is possible.
You have to install QGroundControl app on your smartphone.
Then you have to open this app and create a link as follow:
- go to Common Links/Application Setting
- tap on Add button
- give a name to the Link together with Type=UDP, Listening port=10005, Target Hosts=172.50.10.1:10005
Now you have to start the C-Fly app (I use it) with the drone turned on as for a flight.
Then start the QGroundControl app/Common links/Application settings; tap on the link you prepared before and tap on Connect button.
Now you can see/change the parameters of your drone. (Be careful to change them)
Good luck

Sorry, I didn’t formulate the question very good.
What I meant to ask is, how can I change drone settings on computer QGroundControl app? I already have QGroundControl app installed on my phone, and I already modified a few settings, but It would be easier to use QGroundControl on computer because of bigger screen.
I tried connecting the computer to Controller’s wifi, but even though I open C-FLY app on my phone, and when I try to Add a Com UDP link in QGC settings on computer It doesn’t connect.
So I guess that happens because, when you open C-FLY app on your phone, MavLink connection only starts on that device in which you opened C-FLY app.

Here’s a quick way:

1. Install an Android emulator on your PC
  2. Download and install the C-FLY apk on the emulated Android on your PC
  3. Download and install QGroundControl on the emulated Android device
  4. Do the same steps as you do on your phone to connect C-Fly first then QGC.

Your laptop should obviously be 5 GHz WiFi capable otherwise you’re not going anywhere…

Weight with original battery: 445gr
Weight with LiPo+ adaptor: 485gr

I have flight 10 minutes with the LiPo batteries and each cell still have 3.85V. Really I have no tested until drone detect are empty already but I suppose will run for 5 minutes more at least.

Yes, I already tried that. The problem Is, the Virtual android on PC doesn’t detect Wi-Fi they have a virtual network adapter with different subnet. I tried a few apps, I couldn’t do It unless someone knows a good Virtual android apps for PC

Try BlueStacks. It worked for me quite well.

What device profile do you use? And I don’t need to connect to Wi-Fi on Android? Because there Is no option to connect to, so I guess I just need to connect to drone’s Wi-Fi on my PC, and on android it’s already connected? Which drone app did you use?

I used a generic Android device, nothing specific like a brand or make, just the version of Android to be compatible with what C-Fly expects. I did connect my PC’s wifi to android since otherwise it won’t be able to connect to the controller/drone so it’s pretty useless. I tested with both Enjoy-Fly and C-Fly but the most robust one was C-Fly.

Thanks, It worked, I installed QGroundControl on Android and I can change all the parameters. But I also get a “flow invalid” error. I am at altitude mode now. Also, when I fly outdoors with altitude mode, I also get a flow invalid error. What does it mean? How can I fix it?