C-Fly Faith/JJRC X12/EX4 Changing parameters and/or connecting Mission Planner, etc

OK - so i can now get QGroundControl to connect but I need help with some settings please.
I set the connection as generail mavlink - is that right as I get lots of warning for missing items?
I set the ACRO_YAW_P from 0.7 to 2 and the yaw rate is much better now … probably not so good for video but good if I need it to turn quickly.
I also set the Angle Max to 25 degrees to make it livelier which worked well.
I am now running with a 3S 2200 pack so i need to know how to calibrate the battey voltage and which setting to change to get the RTL etc right.
I set values to 2200 and 11v where I could see them.
On testing the voltage is about 0.3V out and at 11.3V it shows about 60% in the app.
As it goes from 40% to 20% at a detected 11V (which is about 11.2V) the red light flashes and it just lands…no alets or anything and no RTL … but maybe it was too close / low to do that anyway.
So if you can help me with getting the calibration right and setting RTL / Land / Alert voltages that would be great
Thanks
Mark

Hi guys . . . . Ive recently dug out my old EX4 and found a battery very swollen . . . so I discharged it and ripped it apart . . . . just looking around for some alternative LiPo cells when I came across these (they can be found cheaper) . . . . . https://www.batteryupgrade.co.uk/shopBrowser.php?assortmentProductId=98742522&shopGroupId=11692181&tracker=adwordsk_uk_GP-pla_Remote&gdataKwd=&gdataType=pla&gclid=CjwKCAjw64eJBhAGEiwABr9o2G4NMAWxQaJ5YRf0PM7cvVXuPgRWPV2e3_YLr_iFQszMdUcEMf-eVRoCYywQAvD_BwE . . . . . . the dimensions seem ok to fit 3 in the original housing (53 X 34 X 7mm each) . . . . or these which are 44 X 25 X 9.2mm (should just fit when stacked) only £17 for 5 . . . https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164806671725?var=464287786104&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true . . . . . anybody got any thoughts??

Google Photos

Hi, it is possible to show how to connect de wires, on the 3d printed battery holder?
Thanks

I have just put wires to the GND and 11.4V pins - they then go to an XT60 connectors.
Seems to be OK I just need to work out the right settings via QGroundControl for the battery for low voltage, RTL and the calibration.
I also remixed the tray to be a snugger fit on the battery and have the wires coming out of the side. - I will post it on Thinyverse when I get chance but plan
adjust it by a couple of mm first

1 Like

hi new here … can some one help me with the frimware update … for jjrc x12 , mine wifi is giving problem . any help would be great

Here you have the photos from my design. I have welded the cables in the back side.

1 Like

firmware update? huh. I wish. There is no firmware update.

hi sir , do you have firmware for jjrc x12 , and do you know how to install firmware

i have purchased a new pcb for the drone but have no idea how to install firmware on it … if you can help me with it it would be great

hi sir , can you please guide me on how to install firmware on replaced pcb board for jjrcx12, mine old board was not showing wifi so i replaced the board but dont know how to install firmware in it

I don’t know about models for JJRC X12, but on Eachine EX4 Pro the drone doesn’t have a Drone-xxxxx wifi, you have to connect to the controllers wifi, go to the http://172.50.10.254, login and bound the controller to the drone if I am not wrong.

I read on the other forum that you can add extra foil tape to the drone, because the drone itself causes interference to the GPS/compass. So I added 3 more layers of aluminium, and now when I turned on the drone, opened the app on the phone, it immediately got 7-8 satellites (not in a very open area, between two buildings), after a couple minutes of flying, I had 20 satellites, and it seems like the drone got a little more stable now, because other times everytime it flew away, almost crashed it into tree’s. I still get the magnetic interference error, and the gimbal is not stable, when turning the drone, the camera is not facing horizontally.

Since I already had aluminium tape and it cost me nothing, I think it’s worth to do it, it will greatly improve your satellite count.

Photos:

By the way, does anybody know how to fix the calibration unsuccessful error when I try to calibrate it on the app? This started happening to me when I connected the drone through usb port, and tried calibrating it on the computer with Mission Planner.

I have made quite a lot of progress with my EX4 Pro now and had a really nice lively flight in the back garden tonight.
I tidied up the top with a new Compass cover, getting rid of the awful round blob I had on it.

Just tacked with UV glue but does the job nicely.
The new battery tray is working well - I have now also added a foam layer on each side of the opening so the battery is a very snug fit

I opened up the label to reveal the usb port

The connectors and usb ports (I selected micro usb) came within 10 days of being ordered from Ali Express to the UK - 5 USB and 10 cables so if any EX4 owners in the UK want to purchase a set let me know as I have 4 sets spare plus 5 extra cables.

Connected it up, just as they were for now - oddly the cables colors are different to others in the thread and D+/D- were reversed but got it working OK.

Just left it coiled up as it is for now as the new battery tray allows you to leave it in place with the tray and flight battery fitted. It also meant I coud feed it through one of the slots in the tray while it was fitted to connect to Mission Planner with a battery fitted. You can just about see the lead through the tray - the port card fits through the slots.

I connected to mission planner - adjusted the responsiveness, calibrated the battery voltage and set it to 10.5V RTL but set it to just land for now.
I also fully calibrated the accelerometer, compass etc.in Mission Planner.
I am now using the CFly app with my old Samsung S5 phone and it is perfect every time - tried with 3 fairly new phones and had a really hard time with connection so thinking the App was written for earlier Android Versions and the S5 is just right.
Had a good flight in the garden - very lively, probaby a bit too lively as it out ran the gimbal once making it drop down… but it did recover itself which impressed me.
I didn’t time it but I would say it was about 10 minutes and that was with the same battery I did all of the setup with - a 2200mah 3S 25C pack.
This time the alarm buzzer started at 10% and it was showing 11.1V which was perfect - so I didn’t push it and landed shortly afterwards.
Motors were fairly warm but I don’t remember if that is normal anyway?
A check with a voltage tester showed the pack was at 11.1V so spot on.
So finally I have a FPV drone I can fly on standard batteries and that is nice and lively to fly.
I will try setting battery to RTL, take it to the flying field and give it a proper testing in a wide open space to see how it deals with it and if RTL works … may have to increase the 10% warning / 10.5V RTL but will see how I get on.
I will try and cover thing on my YT channel when i get chance - lots on at the moment though!: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaIM8smvj4sYuzrasYm0RtA
Happy Flying Everyone!

1 Like

Nice. Can you share the 3d printed part model file? I would like to do the same to my drone.

By the way, does anybody know how to fix the inconsistent battery level precentage? Or is this problem happening only to me? When I fly, I have 100% battery, then after sometime it drops straight to 80%, then to 60%, then to 40% and finally to 20% and 10%.

The original is further up in this thread - I have just posted my remixed version which has a tighter battery fit and has the wires come through the side as shown in my pictures.

That will give you a link to the original as you will still need the locking parts from the original design.
Enjoy
Mark

I forgot to mention I was talking about the compass cover model :smiley:.
Will the battery with 11.1 v work on the drone and higher capacity one?

Ah - OK - keeping me busy then :grinning:
Here you go: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4962872
Mark

1 Like

I am pretty new to this ArduPilot thing, did you connect the usb port from the drone to raspberry pi using gpio pins, then you used mavproxy?
And I also want to add a Usb 4g modem to the raspberry pi with rpi camera, but I don’t know if the gps 5v will deliver enough power.

I have finally managed to put a video together of just about everything I have done with my EX4.
Hopefully it will help.
If you view it on YouTube all of the links are in teh description for everything used.
Attached also are my parameters from Mission planner (remove the .txt from the file name) - mine is the Pro version and the descent rate is too high at the moment as you will see in the video so backup your own first and use these entirely at your own risk!
Hope this helps - happy flying - remember to “Like and Sunbscribe” :laughing:
Mark

Does anybody know if the EX4’s usb port can be connected to raspberry pi zero GPIO pins? Because for me it only works on usb port of the rpi.
Since raspberry pi zero w only has one usb port, but I also want to connect a 4G usb modem.