C-Fly Faith/JJRC X12/EX4 Changing parameters and/or connecting Mission Planner, etc

Nice one Mark. Iā€™ve only found a rubber filament cover so far on thingiverse and since I donā€™t have that kind of filament I left the gimbal cover issue hang. Now Iā€™ll give it a go and see how it fits on my EX4 and X12. Yea, I got two of these birds, the EX4 I purchased by mistake, was checking out the price in my local currency and somehow I must have pressed the finalize purchase in PayPal. Now Iā€™m probably one of the few folks whoā€™s got two of these birds.

Anyways will see about the gimbal cover, should be a fun print for my Wanhao i3 Duplicator Mini.

Not sure Iā€™m ready to make changes to the compass though, might be my lack of confidence in my soldering skills or just me being prone to Murphyā€™s Law but at the moment both quads are working, calibration isnā€™t an issue - if thereā€™s no metallic or EM interference they calibrate well and keep steady in the air. Toilet bowling is an issue sometimes but recalibration seems to work so not really sure itā€™s worth the effort to relocate the compass.

I saw that one but had the feeling it was to keep on while flying to protect the gimbal but didnā€™t fancy doing that. Mine is just for keeping it safe while being stored.
Hope you like it.

Hi Mark,

Iā€™ve printed today the gimbal cover, I used a 0.25mm layer height so naturally there were some ā€œwhiskersā€ on the overhangs but after cleaning those out the whole thing fit quite nicely on my EX4. It fits the X12 obviously but since the carrying bags of each differs, it only fits when mounted in the EX4 bag, which makes sense, youā€™ve used it for your EX4 so that is to be expected.

I might play around with it to make it somehow fit in the X12 carrying case as well.

Good stuff Denis - I have replied on Thingyverse but do post a ā€œMakeā€ and ā€œRemixā€ when you get chance.
Mark

Hi Daniele. I completed my experiment about FTP accessing and downloading the footage from my EX4 via WiFi and here the interested person can read the result.
Have a nice day. :film_projector: :arrow_right: :desktop_computer:

Hi Denis. I completed my experiment about FTP accessing and downloading the footage from my EX4 via WiFi and here the interested person can read the result.
Have a nice day. :film_projector: :arrow_right: :desktop_computer:

How to download footage from Eachine EX4ā€™ SD to PC via WiFi (maybe appliable also to JJRC X12 and C-Fly Faith) ArduCopter

Any standard comm program can connect and issue the FTP ā€œdeleā€ command. Nice work, but your masking of the user ID and password is rather silly in this instance. But whatever turns you on.

I did notice in the Enjoy Fly App that while connected to the EX4 you can go to its gallery to see the photos and videos it holds on the sd card and they have a download button next to each which downloads the file to you phone.
I assume it works on a similar method but doesnā€™t seem to give any status of the download (unless I missed it).
Mark

Yeah, photos/videos downloading works, but using the app is indeed relatively cumbersome.

Just an addendum. Standard FTP is on port 21. Any standard comm program can use this port for login and functions such as rename, delete, etc. (to the extent the server supports them, but these are among the standard commands). Obviously you need an actual FTP program to actually transfer files.

Hi gbal,

Nice work, very detailed description. If the user and password are those of your drone then those should pretty much be the root/admin or whatever they were set in the Linux flavor that was installed on the controller. I presume youā€™re connected to the drone via the controller, right?
The drone itself may have the wifi bit just for the camera interaction, the PX4 doesnā€™t use FTP or some other standard file or text protocol. It talks MAVLink over UDP I think, port 10005 and I suspect it starts its UDP socket after it gets a command over a TCP connection from the controlling app via the wifi. Now this could be interesting since it opens up the file system of the camera assembly which I now suspect to be also running the linux bit of the drone. In turn this camera module connect over a wired link to the PX4, either on a COM or some other way. Could be interesting to testā€¦

As for the C-Fly app and its media download feature I do find it a bit lacking, particularly when transferring large video files, it takes a while for the download counter to show up, somehow whomever wrote the app didnā€™t like showing 0% after initiating the connection, only showed the X MOD 10 % of the transferred length. A minor nuisance still it would be nice to see the download starting from 0% and then moving to 10, 20ā€¦so on.

It is indeed a nuisance that thereā€™s no indication of progress on the app once you touch that small download button for a video file. Usually the larger ones take some time to download a significant amount so that the app will show some progress. It shows percentage in 10% units so until you download at least 10% of its length you wonā€™t see any progress. Iā€™ve wasted and cursed quite a lot before I gave up and let it do its thing andā€¦lo and behold!! there was the percentage figureā€¦just it doesnā€™t start from 0%ā€¦wish it did

Thank you Denis for the appreciation. No, User and Password are very far from the common root/admin and, if you read with attention, this was the worse difficulty to face up to. And no, to download the footage I connect the devices (PC, Smarty, etc) to the Droneā€™s WiFi; the RC can be left off, as I explained.

Thank you, very detailed description although I donā€™t understand the need to hide the user/pwd information in a context like this forum and after hundreds of messages full of useful infoā€¦

1 Like

Sorry Daniele. I have only this drone, so I do not know if the account info are the same for all the EX4 production (could be) or are specific of each EX4. So, I prefere that the interested person find his personal data on its drone.

The odds of those credentials being different on each drone are essentially zero.

1 Like

So tiny. Impressive, most impressive.

indeed. still waiting for mine to find its way through the mail-mazeā€¦

I was pretty impressed that I ordered it on Monday and received it on Wednesday! (Of course, it helps that their U.S. warehouse happens to be in my area.)

Well itā€™s good to see that living in the US still has some perks for the time beingā€¦ Here over the big pond we have the same wait time, the only relief is if and when the item is in stock close to the Atlantic, in Nederlands or Germanay, but in most cases we still have to wait for the snail-mail chain to do its thingā€¦

No real rush tough, I got myself from another RC shop some LiPo/LiHVLiIon testers which also has the discharge option and low power alarm which came in very handy, I got all my packs down to storage voltage, including the packs for the EX4/X12, all 10 of them, but it took a looong time - my other 3S XT60 plug packs were in various states of charge so one I had to top up then slowly discharge down to storage voltage, the others were in surprisingly good shape after more than 6 months on the shelve. Obviously they lost some of the charge over time but not that much, my 2S banana plugs were practically full even after 3 years since I charged them waiting to be used but never got toā€¦

Iā€™ll give all packs one more check-up in coming days to ensure there was no more harm done than good bringing them down to storage voltage - 3.8V