PID Tuning - incorrect values

Hi there.

I ran into a problem. After takeoff, the plane pitched 20 degrees and crashed. Although the limit was 10 degrees. While viewing the flight log, I noticed that the value PIDP.I has increased abnormally.

Pls, help

Without a .bin log file there isn’t much anyone can help with. Share a link to the .bin file and let’s see what can be figured out.

1 Like

Hi, unfortunately I can’t share .bin file. But maybe you can tell me what kind of things I should pay attention to?

So you mean we should repeat the documentation for you because you are not willing to post a .bin log file?

1 Like

With all due respect. I want to find documentation on how the value PIDP.I is compiled. But unfortunately I haven’t found anything on github yet

Ok, that we can help you with.

Look at arduplane wiki Tuning — Plane documentation

This kind of documentation is not on github.

The source you seek is probably here ardupilot/libraries/APM_Control at master · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub

1 Like

Speaking just from my observations around here the last few years, I’d say you need to look at the mechanical or aerodynamic sides of your setup. C of G, servo failure or issues. Very very rarely is the issue a problem with the code, and if the plane has already been flying, it’s unlikely a parameter or one magic checkbox.

Climbing I-term suggests the plane was unable to reach it’s desired setpoint. If the plane went past it’s pitch limit, that’s often C of G, or if it was just after take off perhaps it was too slow. Was the plane hand thrown or is a ground take off/launcher?

But again, without a log, it’s all just guessing. You can anonymize logs if that helps.

1 Like

Look friend. There were two flights. First flight was good and without trouble, after the flight, the parameters and characteristics(mechanical or aerodynamic) of the aircraft did not change. And TECS.f was 137. Take-off was carried out from a launcher.

On the second flight there was a problem with pidp.i and the plane crashed. TECS.f was 129.

I am looking for a developer who can explain what to pay attention to.