MicroArduCopter, 3" props, Omnibus Nano, Success!

Hi Andrea, obviously yes!
I used the ones supplied with the nano v6 omnibus and rubber ring on the nylon stand off. Double foam on the barometer. I thought a 3 “was less critical than a 2”.
I’m waiting for the usual, I think they are indispensable on any nano copter

I have a question about these parameters, that i have setting in this way on my 2" quad and 3" quad:

ATC_ACCEL_P_MAX,125000
ATC_ACCEL_R_MAX,125000
ATC_ACCEL_Y_MAX,30000

I can’t find anything on threads about defalut param on sub 250

What the right setting for 3" quad?

1 Like

Auto Tune came up with ~ 37xxxx (P_MAX & R_MAX) for a 3"

1 Like

On my 3" quad with 1104 5400KV motors and 2S battery I have:
ATC_ACCEL_P_MAX,240000
ATC_ACCEL_R_MAX,240000
ATC_ACCEL_Y_MAX,40000

1 Like

I set them to 0 - which means basically go as fast as you can. On big copters this is a bad idea because you can overload the motors but on small copters I don’t think there is much of a downside. Autotune will set these base on the fastest response it sees from the vehicle when twitching.

2 Likes

Ok … Thanks a lot.
Now the problem is flow hold with CX OF optical sensor. In final part of this video the quad have fast oscillation like wrong PID.
has anyone had the same problems?

Can you get a log? It would easier to tell which axis is the problem - otherwise looks like D-term feedback to me, so reduce your D-term by 1/2 on each axis and see if that helps.

Yes :slight_smile:

In stabilize and alt hold now flies well, but the problem is only in flowhold mode with optical sensor

I don’t really understand flowhold, but you appear to have a lot of noise on the sensor:

What are your flowhold settings? I would try more aggressively filtering (i.e. reduce FHLD_FILT_HZ), but I am not sure how a small copter would respond to those kinds of changes.

Thanks Andy, my flow hold setting is default like wiki, and i force to 3 EK2_GPS_TYPE.
My FHLD_FILT_HZ is 5

EK2_GPS_TYPE = 3 to force the EKF to only use the optical flow sensor and not use the GPS

Good news!! with FHLD_FILT_HZ 2
it flies almost well with few oscillates!!
Can I go down to less than 2?

There are some P & D terms for FHLD you could also try reducing those instead

Thanks, do you remember which are?

lmgtfy

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/flowhold-mode.html

Hi all,
have you seen this great job?
Are the parameters that come out correct for our little 3 "quadcopters?

Yes, that guide is great! I think his limits on the graphs are for 5" props, but you can interpolate down to 3"… I haven’t tuned from scratch in quite a while, but reading through the guide, I think it covers everything.

1 Like

Thanks!

It might be a good idea to put it on the wiki, especially for small quads.
Additional information on optical flow sensors for small quads that are often used indoors should also be added.
I am using this sensor (it can take about 10 usd on Aliexpress) and it seems to go quite well on a 3 "although it is still not perfect.

https://www.seeedstudio.com/ThoneFlow-3901U-UART-Serial-Version-PMW3901-Optical-Flow-Sensor-p-4040.html

This is example of use from flowhold to althold on my 3 "(18650 powered)

Are you using the optical flow sensor without range finder?

yes! Only a clone of this:

https://www.seeedstudio.com/ThoneFlow-3901U-UART-Serial-Version-PMW3901-Optical-Flow-Sensor-p-4040.html

Im away to build a new 3 incher,is the Hollybro Kakute F7 mini and Tekko 32 F3 4 in 1 esc A good setup to run ardupilot on