Mavlink to FrSky S.Port Passthru Converter for LRS or PX4 Pro

yes i have works well and even played games on it its very fast

i have upload MtP the wireless and blue tooth are working

![1Untitled|690x388]

Ok, could you try GPIO13 and GPIO14 for S.Port rx and tx? Try ground mode first, with TX only straight into your Taranis. Use a 4.7K resistor in series. It’s a useful safety measure.

will give it go after diner :wink:

Hi Eric,

I have been testing a lot lately on the TXMOD and sometimes after 10 min, sometimes after an hour, the converter just stops working. Wifi gets disabled and there is no communication on the s.port and tx lines. The led goes from solid to blinking and the reset button on the outside does nothing. After triggering the reset pin on the ESP it reboots and everything starts working agaon normally. While this happens I still have control over the aircraft, just no telemetry at all. How can we solve this issue?

no gpio 14 pin on this unit

which version are you using ?

I´m currently using v2.60.2

i think you miss under stood
i have upload MtP the wireless and blue tooth are working but theirs no mavlink as yet because of the pins i dont know where to put the 900x tx and rx pins

i have been using 2.61.0 with out an issue with the tx mod the only issue i did have on that version was with r900x stopped sending packets with version RFDSiK V3.14 rfd900x soon as i update it stopped
i have many hours with 2.61.0 and 900x with V3.15

I have updated to 2.61.0 and also updated the RFD Module to V3.16 (have been using V3.15 before), but the issue still persists. Any more recommendations/ideas/things to try?

I like to know if there is a way to do something like this but not sacrificing the crossfire options.
I also use my TX16s with crossfire for other quads.
Only my bigger arucopter build uses mavlink.

I’m also after a lot of reading confused How to get all this working.

I’m using a crossfire diversity reciever on the quad.
Using the full size Crossfire with buetooth in my TX16S, I can use a groundstation linked over bluetooth with the crossfire module.

I like to sometimes not use the groundstation but use the Yaapu script without loosing the option to use a groundstation over bluetooth.

I don’t really know where to begin :slight_smile:

yak-54Colin

Eric_Stockenstrom

1d

no gpio 14 pin on this unit

Oops. Ok, I see. Try 15 then.

Hi David, if the LED is blinking it means you lost telemetry in, but you say wifi is disabled. Are you in AP mode and does your SSID (hotspot name) disappear? Or do you stop getting telemetry at the ground station?

If you run it on the bench, does the problem still happen? If so, then you could try watching the debug messages coming out of serial1. You will need a TTL<=>USB converter to do that.

fingadar is the right guy to ask :+1:

1 Like

I only use AP mode and the SSID disappears, when this happens. I can also reproduce the problem on the bench, but it takes quite a lot of time. I’ll try to watch the debug messages and report back.

nothing on that gpi0 17

The TX16S has an external uart connection and also usb.
Would it somehow be possible to use the usb port with an ESP8266 for example connected over wifi with the crossfire module and passing the passthroughtelemetry over usb to the radio?

This way you can construct a simpel cable it ESP8266 that you can just plugin your radio when you need it, and I can leave my crosssfire module alone for when I use it with my other drones.

it should work you just need to add a Teensy 3.2 to your crossfire module and feed the s-port data to TX on the S-port pin