Mavlink to FrSky S.Port Passthru Converter for LRS or PX4 Pro

So if your LAN subnet is not 192.168.1/, change it on line 627.

So, would it be a variant to insert

if (WiFi.status() == WL_CONNECTED) {
    localIP = WiFi.localIP();  // TCP and UDP
    udp_remoteIP = localIP; //inserted by Stefan
    udp_remoteIP[3] = 255; //inserted by Stefan

in Utilities? So you wouldn’t have to change the udp_remoteIP in config (assuming that the station wifi is a “normal” net with an x.x.x.255 broadcast ip).

Hmmm. I can’t check all the implications right now Stefan, but yes, maybe. Can you check that it works in all circumstances?

I tried this boradcast thing with my hotspots here, one with a laptop running ubuntu, the other one with an android tablet. Both worked without any problems.

But I have some other issues.

As you (maybe) remember, I‘m connecting mav2pt running on ESP32 to TBs Crossfire. With the script from yaapu, I frequently get „disarmed/armed/flightmode“ messages from the Taranis.
The telemetry output on yaapu seems generally little bit delayed in comparison with the mavlink output. I can compare this quite simple having my tablet with qGroundcontrol mounted on top of the Taranis.

The other issue I have: the web interface for firmware upload or configuration crashes very very often. Most time, it is not possible to show the config parameters at all. Also firmware upload does not work in most cases. I tried 2 different ESP32 modules with the same result.

Any ideas?

Ok, I also just tested your patch and it works fine.

I’ll look at the rest soon as I can. Try #define Reset_Web_Defaults

one time in the config. It could be that the flash is corrupt. Be sure to compile with minimal SPIFFS (Large APP)

Hey, can we connect esp32+Lora/Stm+Lora in the Pixhawk like a telemetry?

Hi gadavidd

I’ve played with various Lora boards, and the good ones work ok, but the bandwidth is very, very narrow. Lora is designed to chirp a few bytes every so often,like for a water tank level sensor or such like.

So, no, I don’t think it’s suitable for our purposes.

regards
Eric

Hi Eric,

The newer versions of your code starting with v2.59.6 doesn´t work on the TXMOD at all. v2.59.5 works fine. The onboard led lights up for a blink of an eye every second, but no wifi, no s.port, nothing works.

I tried changing some settings in the config, but couldn´t find a configuration, that works. I wanted to update because of the sporadic flight mode announcement issue…

Hi David,

You are absolutely right, thank you for the feedback. I had to remove PROGMEM from the ESP8266 version. Not sure why, but I’ll look at that another time. It’s fixed in v2.60.2.

Regards
Eric

I tried MavToPass_v2.60.2 this morning, but same issue.

No I just patched it now again

Only the 8266 version

Hi Eric do you have any idea what they are on about ?

TXMOD firmware update

25/05/20 - 1.4.0 Added MavLink to S.PORT support. The user is required to modify the hardware to get the feature working.

No, first I’ve heard about it.

Question trying to upload it to esp32 and i get this

Arduino: 1.8.10 (Windows 10), TD: 1.48, Board: “ESP32 Dev Module, Disabled, Default 4MB with spiffs (1.2MB APP/1.5MB SPIFFS), 240MHz (WiFi/BT), QIO, 80MHz, 4MB (32Mb), 921600, None”

Sketch uses 1562633 bytes (119%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1310720 bytes.
Global variables use 83028 bytes (25%) of dynamic memory, leaving 244652 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 327680 bytes.
Sketch too big;
Error compiling for board ESP32 Dev Module.

1 Like

All good thanks i just put it on the TTG0 from Banggood

Looks like a nice board?

Do you have a variant setup for us?

i have not been able to get it to work

I just remembered I used those boards for my LoRa project. One out of 3 the display was a dud.