Issue with making motors spin

Are they better then the simonkA? I will buy new ones, but I can’t right now.

Yes. I had some Littlebee’s some years ago, nothing wrong with them other than it’s using an old protocol.
BTW-“SimonK” is an ESC firmware now only found on generic old school ESC’s sold for a few $$ each.

This happens when I try to calibrate the littlebee’s. I did the oneshot 125 but the same happens when I select normal. https://youtu.be/OzHIuacv9Es

Run Motor Test in Mission Planner if you haven’t already. Then move along with configuration and tuning.

They turn. What do you mean by move along with configuration and tuning?

Shouldn’t have to ask this. Do they turn in the correct order and direction? Don’t answer just confirm and fix it if not.

Plenty of reference material.
Methodic Configurator
Tuning process
Tuning Process

@dkemxr the Methodic Configurator software has come a long way, and has been explicitly designed for this kind of users and their usecase. Futhermore it links to the relevant wiki pages.

Have you used it lately?
I think it should be the first reference.

I haven’t used it at all. Pretty much have my own process developed over years I like to follow. But sure, move it up in the list.

I think that I will buy some Blheli esc as you said. Was thinking about these:Amazon.fr

I found them on amazon in my country and not too expensive, are they good? Also how does the calibration process work, and do I need to check if they are compatible with my flight controller or something?

Only if you can flash Bluejay firmware to those would they be good. If you don’t know what that is then buy blheli_32 ESC’s.

But blheli_32 ESC are twice as expensive, I can’t spend too much. Do you know a not too expensive alternative then? Though I found these ones on Banggod, are they good? Hakrc 35a blheli_32 dshot1200 2-5s brushless esc built-in led for rc fpv racing drone Sale - Banggood.com

I’ve had a bad HAKRC 4in1 in the past that suddenly died, but general opinion seems to be they’re decent enough for the price. Order 5 then you have a spare.

1 Like

ok. And do I need to check if it is compatible with the rest of my hardware, because I have the pixhawk1 (arducopter 4.5.1) elrs rx/tx. Also the firmware. Or are they good, a bit like universal?
And for the calibration process, I just connect the pixhawk to mission planner, select the protocol and click on the calibrate button, right?

They are compatible and no calibration is required. Of course you have to properly configure them for Dshot or Bdshot. Plenty of Ardupilot Wiki resources detailing that.

I don’t have the esc’s yet but started looking at the docs and they are some things that I don’t understand. First, I have ardupilot 4.5.1 but the pixhawk. Do I still have to connect the esc’s normally or via the Aux?
And I suppose that I have to select Dshot1200 in the calibration. Also is this “pass through” with blheli suite mandatory to fligh or is it to add some more settings?

Do you see the BRD_IO_DSHOT parameter from Mission Planner? If you do then you can enable it and us Dshot300 on the main outputs. If you don’t use Dshot600 on the AUX outputs.

Never select Dhot1200. Everything else you need to know is that same section from your screenshot.

1 Like

Though on the esc description there is written " HAKRC 35A BLHeli_32 Dshot1200 ESC"

But yeah, I set it up to 1

1200 is the max the ESC is capable of. It also supports 600, 300 etc. Ardupilot tends to have issues with 1200 and there is no practical difference to 600, so that’s what you should set it to.

1 Like

And 1200 won’t run on the IOMCU outputs anyway.

2 Likes

Hello, the esc arrived but I still can’t calibrate them. Might this be an issue with the pixhawk?
Here is the video, and the esc all have their LEDs on so I guess they work. I know, my radio had not much power but I don’t think it has something to do with it.