Issue with making motors spin

param_file.param (16.9 KB)

Nothing to see in the Parameter file, it should work. So, I suppose you have something wired wrong.

Asking for the same messages screen you posted before but WITH Motor Test messages.

I ran 2 of them

1 Like

OK, then if the motors are not running it;s a wiring problem. There is no telling what you have with that mess, so check things over. Solder connections, the right ports, etc.

Might it be a PDB issue? because there are some scratches that may have damaged the circuit.
I have some cold solders, might it be the reason?

Get the multimeter out and check. Sure, cold solder joints can do it. Usually because you don’t have enough watts for the iron.

don’t have one, but I have an other pdb and can do the solders again

Well, that’s mandatory dude. I don’t know where you are but they are available here for <$20 for a serviceable one. I bought one of these on a field job years ago and it’s still working. $16

Meter

2 Likes

You may want to give BRD_SAFETY_DEFLT,0 (no propeller) a try or you can use MP GUI to select, and Do Action, to toggle it.

I resoldered everything and changed the PDB just in case, though still nothing happens, but I got myself the multimometer, what should I check? Might this be an issue with my esc’s or motors? ran the motor test but still the same messags.
It is not an issue with the safety switch, it works fine. I watched a video from painless 360 and he says that I should connect the +5v only once, I didn’t do that might that be the problem? this is the video: https://youtu.be/CfQ-9MIHKkU?list=PLYsWjANuAm4r4idFZY24pP6s1K6ABMU0p&t=704

Actually, both of the PDB were dead, now it works. Though only 3 motors, not the third one, got any ideas why?

Check if there is battery voltage to the ESC and the signal leads are connected properly. You can’t rule out a bad ESC. Those are old junk, buy 6 to get 4 good ones. You should replace them with some BLHeli_S or _32 units.

I just found these ones in my house, are they better? https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005006553785454.html?src=google&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=248-630-5778&slnk=&plac=&mtctp=&albbt=Google_7_shopping&gclsrc=aw.ds&albagn=888888&isSmbAutoCall=false&needSmbHouyi=false&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=248-630-5778&slnk=&plac=&mtctp=&albbt=Google_7_shopping&gclsrc=aw.ds&albagn=888888&ds_e_adid=&ds_e_matchtype=&ds_e_device=c&ds_e_network=x&ds_e_product_group_id=&ds_e_product_id=fr1005006553785454&ds_e_product_merchant_id=107793278&ds_e_product_country=FR&ds_e_product_language=fr&ds_e_product_channel=online&ds_e_product_store_id=&ds_url_v=2&albcp=19000710609&albag=&isSmbAutoCall=false&needSmbHouyi=false&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwrvyxBhAbEiwAEg_Kgh8bOctAntlvV6j3Sx1RJ87AX-QLefzKXWYrop7_NDKupJL6-S2yfhoCTUIQAvD_BwE&aff_fcid=50feeee588ac4f129266f94d6652f6d7-1715463397595-04242-UneMJZVf&aff_fsk=UneMJZVf&aff_platform=aaf&sk=UneMJZVf&aff_trace_key=50feeee588ac4f129266f94d6652f6d7-1715463397595-04242-UneMJZVf&terminal_id=cbb6873861d3434faef46e88f49eba65&afSmartRedirect=y

The 2-6s, and do they require calibration?

BLHeli_S understands DShot. If you use DShot protocol the calibration ist automatic and needs no further input from you.

Also what’s going on with all the flags in this topic?

Thanks for your reply. In order to show what was my issue, I filmed my drone. But the videos were too long so I had to post them on youtube and send the link so that people could help me, and the bot probably thought it was advertising, hence the flags. At least I think so.

there are few Dshots in mison planner calibration. Which one should I choose?

And do you know if they are compatible with the pixhawk, because there is no red wire coming out of them. I mean do I need it, I have a power module to give current to the pixhawk so i isn’t crucial, right?

I would recommend DShot300 or DShot600.

Yes, they are compatible. No, you don’t need the extra red wire when you have a PDB.

Wait, actually I have these ones: https://www.ercmarket.com/fvt-littlebee-30a-opto-esc/

In here they say that they are preflashed with BLHeli, though I don’t know if they are like by default, there is nothing written on the sticker. This might be a stupid question but I am a beginner: is there a chance that they actually are not Bleheli_s, can I verify it?

Those are old and will not run Dshot nor can you flash them with BLHeli_S. PWM or Oneshot125 best, in either case you will need to calibrate them. Or throw them away and buy some BLHeli_32 or, at a minimum, BLHeli_S units.