How to arm hexacopter

5 minutes… Which GPS module do you have? Are there any LED’s on/flashing on it?

Yes, When powered, the pattern is on,on,on,off,on,on,on,off

7M is an old module but it should work if connected properly.

Ok, I’ll give it a try. But I’m not confident it will connect. Is there anything I need to do to set it up in mission planner or should it work if its connected properly? Would a newer one work better?

This may sound like a stupid question but I have seen it before. The connector on the module cable for the GPS port is 6 pins right? You didn’t jam a 5 pin connector in the 6 pin receptacle? Those old GPS modules sometimes came with 5 pin connectors to fit the old APM Flight Controller.

It’s five pins. The GPS connector has five pins, And so does the port I plugged it into

I actually just did the maiden flight for it, and it didn’t go too well. All the motors are spinning the correct direction, and they all are spinning at the correct speed except for one. The back right motor is stuttering a lot and is not spinning fast at all. It is going in the right direction though. I am about to test that motor by itself in mission planner. Do you have any ideas as to why this could happen?

Also, as I’m trying to test the motor, it beeps when I click to test a motor, however the motor does not spin. This goes for all the motors. I looked this up and I can’t find anything on this specific problem. Is this common? Do you know why this could be happening? Thanks

A Pixhawk 2.4.8 GPS connector has 6 pins. You are shooting yourself in the foot man…

Ill post a picture. Is it possible I plugged it into the wrong port?

You mean some other connector than the one labeled GPS? Don’t bother with a photo, here is one.
Good luck.

Yeah that might do it. Can you please send me the link to the GPS module you have? I don’t really want to modify this if I can help it.

Also do you know what might have happened to the motor? Why its not working correctly? It’s spinning the correct direction, but at like 5 RPM while stuttering the whole time.

And another question is how would I be able to set arm/disarm to a switch? I looked it up, but the parameter they showed was not in mission planner for me.

I ordered a new motor and ESC for that arm, I believe that should solve the problem because I tried swapping the flight controller outputs and the the motor was still doing that. It was also heating up a lot while all the others were not in the slightest. They should be here from April 29- May 11. Thanks for the help, I’ll update you when they get here.

Hello again!
It works! The motor came today and I got it in the air by replacing the bad one! Thanks so much for the help, it’s very much appreciated. I’ll let you know if I have any other questions, but I think I’ll be good for a while. Thanks so much!
-Lucas

Actually, just one more thing. Could you please link me to a correct gps module? This one doesn’t have the correct connector. Thanks!

You can use radiolink se100 gps it’s excellent only 20 to 30s in 13+ satellite catch also he’s no more expensive.

Happy flying :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks so much! I appreciate all the help!

Quick question, does this module have a built in GPS? If it doesn’t, how would I use a compass with this? Or if there’s another GPS module that has a built in compass with the three pins that plug into the GPS port, could you please suggest one? Thanks!