How to arm hexacopter

Okay, I will do that.

Uploading: 15871512469694079247334084370235.jpg…

I’m not sure which one to pick. Its an x style hexacopter, but it seems like there’s a lot of options for that. Which would you reccomend?

That image is acting weird Ill try that again

Uh, the Hexacopter one? Didn’t read the Wiki? There are big red arrows…
hex

1 Like

I did read it. I see the arrows, but I can’t tell if I selected it correctly. It seems to me like the frame class and frame type are saying the same thing.

Full parameter list 2.param (16.9 KB)

Did you power cycle the Flight Controller before posting this parameter file? My guess is no because no Servo out are assigned. If you did then maybe it’s best to start over from defaults and step thru everything again.

No, I forgot to. I’ll do that right now

Full parameter list 2.param (16.9 KB)

Okay this should be the right one.

OK, they are assigned properly now. It doesn’t look like you have done a radio calibration, they are at default. And before attempting to arm run the Motor Test function in Misison Planner to make sure the motor order and direction is right. Props off obviously. Don’t skip this last step and read the note on the page. I had assumed if you were at the arming stage you had done this but it wouldn’t have worked w/o output assignments.

Okay, I will try that, but I do remember doing the radio calibration. I’ll try that again though

Before I did another radio calibration, I tried arming it and the main light on the top of the flight controller is blue and I made a bunch of interesting sounds

Should I still redo a radio calibration?

The motors do not spin when I move the sticks, however on mission planner I can see that the inputs are correct.

Okay I tried cycling the power again, and on startup I can easily arm it and all motors work properly. I will make sure that they are all spinning the correct direction, however I believe that it’s working all together now. thank you for your help! I will let you know if I have any more questions.

Actually, I do have another question. On screen it’s showing that it has no GPS. Would being outside help this connect to satellites?

It should connect inside, might take longer. Just leave it powered and sitting.

Okay, I will try that. Approx how long should it take?