Elevator not controllable after vtol transition

Vtol tri tilt plane with front two motors vector for yaw.

4.3.3. Have two platforms and issue the same on both.

~if I arm in qstabalise - elevator works when rc input used
~when I switch from Qstabalise to fbwa, motors tilt but elevator is no longer controlled by rc input. The elevator responds correctly to aircraft pitch disturbance but not by pilot command.

Qhover and Qloiter transition to FBWA are fine - elevator works as expected. We just can not transition from Qstab!

This behaviour does not seem safe or correct to me. Anyone else had the same issue? Is this expected behaviour?

is this an orange cube ?

i had an issue with with fixed wing plane and orange cube on 4.3.3 yesterday where right elevator and right aileron stopped working just before i took off

Facing the same exact issue, we can not control the pitch from controller when testing in test bench in transition mode.

you on plane 4.3.3 ?

yeah. is it specific firmware version related issue, did you test on previous verison? and also let me know if you find any solution.

1 Like

Cube Orange+ with 4.3.3. It was the same issue with 4.3.2

This is likely the issue fixed in 4.3.4beta1, where in FBWA the pitch limit was restricted before transition was complete
@tegwin can you test with 4.3.4beta?

OH WOW! My problem just might be the same as ya’lls!!! Can you look and see if this is what’s going on with yours too?

I think I have the same issue on a talisitter quadplane on 4.3.1. I lose a lot of altitude during transition going from qhover or qloiter to cruise, FBWB or FBWA and elevator inputs make no difference. Here is my thread.

@tridge.

Bingo!

Can confirm that the issue I describe has gone now I have installed 4.3.4beta2

Our workaround with 4.3.3 to avoid loss of elevator control is to transition from some other mode, e.g. QLoiter >FBWA

I can test fly this on our Heewing but I don’t want to fly beta on a 20kg machine.

1 Like