Copter build (second overall drone build) first with autopilot

I am looking ti build my first adopter build I have been taking a look at: ArduCopter 5" Long-Range Standard Build

I want to do something similar but at a cheaper price I mainly want to keep everything but the flight controller and esc and transmitter, if you can find anything better let me hear it thank you guys!

For $70 that Flight Controller is very good value for an H7 which is what you want. Pick any BLHeli_32 20x20 ESC. Pick the cheapest Transmitter that will run EdgeTx like a Radiomaster Zorro.

Any other tips I should know

Also if you wouldn’t mind could you link a good esc option

Might depend on where you are buying. This one is good:
Xrotor

For the RC system go with ELRS. So with a Radiomaster select the ELRS option and then buy a RP1 V2 Receiver. The 5" Build has a TBS Tracer69 VTX/Rx so you will need something else for the VTX.
Do you have any FPV gear?

No I will be doing nothing fpv at the moment

Ah, that’s easy then.

Note: If you can’t find an affordable BLHeli_32 ESC a BLHeli_S unit can work but it should be flashable to Blujay firmware. I think most are.

So keep flight controller get a cheaper esc get a cheaper transmitter do I have to have a controller or can I just use the mission planer as I am mainly using gps

What do mean controller? The Transmitter?
And what do mean by 2nd build, 1st with Autopilot? The 1st was a Plane w/o a flight controller?

Yes I mean transmitter 1st build is sold in all

1st was without autopilot

Yes, you absolutely need an RC system, Transmitter and Receiver, to configure and tune an Ardupilot craft.

First what? I don’t understand what you built.

1st build was a 5in fpv I built for a friend it had no auto pilot

A multirotor without a Flight Controller :face_with_raised_eyebrow:?

You should read thru the Tuning Blog to understand what you are in for.
Arducopter Tuning Blog

Ok thank you for your help