Copter-3.6.9 Released!

I have two of the original (1MB version) Pixhawk1’s. I am a little hesitant to install version 3.6.9, even though it is listed as being a stable release. Has this been tested on the 1MB boards that you know? What features will be unavailable to me?

Hi @vyoufinder,

I’m certain this has been flown on Pixhawks with the 1MB limit because I think that at least one of my IRISs suffers from the 1MB limit. There’s no additional loss of features vs earlier 3.6.x releases for those with the 1MB limit but in any case, here is a list of features not available on the 1MB limited boards:

• visual odometry
  • crop sprayer
  • gripper
  • adsb
  • NAV_GUIDED commands (for guided within Auto mode)
  • follow flight mode
  • sport flight mode
  • beacons (for indoor navigation)
  • Devo telemetry

By the way, for others who are comfortable digging into the code, this list was created by seaching config.h for the HAL_MINIMIZE_FEATURES.

1 Like

I’ve installed 3.6.9 on both 1MB limited Pixhawk 1’s… I did have one bootloader issue on one of the cards, one time. A second try it loaded fine and who knows what the cause was. 3.6.9 confirmed working for me. Thanks.

When I open Mission Planner, it suggests everythime that I “upgrade” to 3.6.11 (I’m on 3.6.9.) Any way to make this go away so I don’t accidentally download the older version?

3.6.11 is the latest release and it is strongly recommended to upgrade.

1 Like

Ah, ok… For some reason I was thinking that 3.6.9 was newer than 3.6.11… 9 is bigger than 1 right? (but not bigger than 11) Ok… Figured that part out then; thanks!

1 Like