Copter-3.6.10 released!

Hello,

I had access to Oneshot125 user log (another arducopter compatible card).

Oneshot125 is ok with 3.6.10 on that card.

Problem need to be solved by Emlid Dev Team

Thanks

@rmackay9 has an issue been created for this SBUS problem? I don’t see one in the repo.
@Mohamed Any progress?

9Hi
Anyone have problems with external compass calibration on CC3D Revo board?
I’ve tried everything and still cant get compass to work,i2c pins on revo board are pins 9 and 10 on flexiIO port?

It seems that Motor PWM calculation has been changed since 3.6.9. My ESC’s wont initialize unless I change MOT_PWM_MIN from 1000 to 900. Or run a new ESC Calibration which changes my ESC PWM min to 1050.

Just to confirm, I downgraded to 3.6.9 and 1000 works fine.

On 3.6.9: MOT_PWM_MIN: 1000 ESC CAL:1000
On 3.6.10: MOT_PWM_MIN: 1000 ESC CAL:1050

Any insight would be appreciated.

I need help

I have a kakute F7 and I have upload the 3.7 dev and frsky tellemetry passthrough working

Now I have uploaded 3.6.10 stable and I can’t find on mission planner the OPTIONS at serial protocol that I have connected my Frsky passthrough

You’ll need to temporary install a serial inverter. We don’t get the SERIAL_OPTIONS in 3.6.x

Check this

So I have to wait for 3.7 beta?

Because at 3.7 dev it did support

Hello. I use PX4 with sonar. After update to 3.6.10 not work sonar Maxbotix I2C MB 1242. Message Bad LiDAR Health. But when I returned to 3.6.1 all working super. Please HELP !!!

Yes, that’s no tin 3.6. Wait for 3.7, which should be released soon.

1 Like

Hey guys! there’s this loss of all sats on GPS issue running around after AC3.6.10. Can someone have a look at logs and give a suggestion?

Hi Friend

I am able to compile the 3.7 dev from master branch. How to compile the 3.6.10 branch, could you please tell me which brach I should select?.
I have tried by selecting from Tag List but no luck.

Best regards

I’m flying cheap chinese M8N clone on a bird, and a repurposed Inspire GPS (genuine M8N with Tallysman dual-band antenna) on a 2nd, both on 2.6.10. Not a single GPS problem in 10+ flights.
It might be your particular unit.

@Haryono_Haryono, this is really a developer question so feel free to ping on the ArduPilot gitter channel. In any case, if using the command line type, “git checkout Copter-3.6” and then do a “git submodule update --recursive”.

Loads and works fine on my Omnibusf4pro V2s…moved from Plane 3.10 master to Copter 3.6.10…no problem

Thank you very much
rmackay9

i also have same problem here. thought it was glitch after upgrade so i made clean installation again(copter) it was working ok but after i set ek2_imu to 7 and all ins to 1 and brd_type to 3. that problem started to apear again. so on both PC MP and HERELINK QGC i cannot get all parameters loaded. will try to downgrade to 3.6.9 now hope that helps.

any ideas how to fix that?? MP always stucks on: STAT_RUNTIME

1 Like

hi @Mohamed,
Thanks for sending the SBUS capture! As I suspected, it shows that the MainlinkAero signal is not valid SBUS. It uses odd partity, whereas SBUS is supposed to be even parity. It would have worked before because NuttX didn’t have the ability to check parity bits whereas ChibiOS does. The parity bit per byte is a very important part of SBUS as there is no CRC, so the single parity per byte is the only way that SBUS can be validated.
I suggest you contact the vendor and ask them to give you an updated firmware that fixes the partty on their SBUS signal.
@rmackay9 we could add a option bit in a parameter to allow for parity to be ignored. It would lose the only check we have on validity of SBUS packets. What do you think?
Cheers, Tridge

Hi @tridge

I have contacted the Manufacturer to update their SBUS output to inlcude the parity.

However there are so many vendors who not necessarily will update, it would be better if the FW ignores the parity, i don’t know of how critical the check is, given it worked without any issues previously.

We certainly cannot disable parity checking by default, otherwise any serial corruption can lead to bad RC input.
I’ll discuss with @rmackay9 if we should add it as an option
Cheers, Tridge

2 Likes