Copter-3.6.10 released!

Thanks for the reply! Fair enough and sound advice. I do understand that the not yet released version is not safe in the general sense, I should have been more precise. I meant specifically as it relates to stock Solo support and the 3v vs 5v signaling flaw, which, as I understand, will be natively supported in 3.7 without the need for an upgraded cube. And by safe, I meant in terms of the maturity of the features that will allow such support, aka no sudden motor issues.
And if I’m misunderstanding any of these points, please feel free to correct me :slight_smile:

@loicspace,

I hope we will start beta testing Copter-3.7 in 3 to 4 weeks. There are three features we need to complete:

• Integration of object avoidance into Copter
  • Addition of stay-out zones
  • High vibration failsafe

3.7 does include two new parameters MOT_SLEW_UP_TIME and MOT_SLEW_DN_TIME which I’m pretty sure are intended to resolve the Solo’s 3v vs 5v issue (at the cost of some reduction in vehicle’s performance).

@rmackay9 Great, thanks for the update!
I’m actually also looking forward to the collision avoidance feature, since that will be an important topic when flying multiple vehicles in the same air space.
As for the Solo, that makes sense. I’m not worried about the performance cost as my application is more concerned with autonomy and robustness than “flight fun”.
I’m still new at the world of ArduPilot so for now I can only say thank you to all the developers for the amazing work, hopefully, I’ll be able to contribute back in the future.

On a more subjective note, (and off topic, happy to move that to a private message or different thread) I really like the Iris (but it’s likely a bit outdated in terms of hardware) – and I think I’ll like the Solo too (but for the software fix to the hardware flaw, and still aging) – but as I look to expand our fleet, are there other vehicles that are as RTF and capable as these, or close to, with ArduPilot compatible hardware in a somewhat budget-friendly range? From the ArduPilot ready to use doc, I also have several SkyVipers and they are great to experiment and test with, but limited obviously because of the form factor. Others seem either in the “toy” range or “commercial” range (i.e. $$$) The build from scratch route downside is scalability, as I would like to end up with a half dozen or dozen of vehicles, initially

1 Like

It’s definitely off-topic for this thread but in any case, we have a list of known RTF vehicles here. There are undoubtedly more but we don’t really know all the companies that are using ArduPilot.

At the SZUVIA conference in Shenzhen Hex had two RTF vehicles at their booth which I heard were to be sold as RTF vehicles. I don’t have any other details yet but I suspect in the future these might be another good choice but we shall see.

Hey.
Some time ago I built a 3-inch quad on omnibus 4 pro v2. I was great at Betaflight and Inav. Since I was not happy with the althold fashion in Inav, I decided to install the Arducopter. By using the DFU betaflight mode, I got software for arducopter 3.6.10 from the latest issue. Unfortunately, after this operation Omnibus is dead. When I try to call DFU mode with the switch Windows 7 does not recognize the bootloader and displays the USB device is not recognized. I will not blink blue diode on the board, it only lights up constantly green. Nothing changes using ZADIG. I have stm32 drivers installed on my computer and another 4prov2 omnibus boards are reported in both betaflight and Inav. Since this is the second omnibus that behaves this way (in the previous after identical operation I thought that the motherboard was lost). I have a question. Did the uploaded firmware change / damage the bootloader on the disc? Are the board save?

I am sorry for the confusion. I was able to recover the plate. After disconnecting the signal wire of the sbus receiver, the boardloader is reported and I can go back to Inav and Betaflight. I tried again flash 3.6.10 with the receiver, gps, magnetometer disconnected and the plate again does not give a sign of life although I am not afraid and I can return the software. Is the arducopter 3.6.10 confirmed with the 4pro V 2 omnibus board working?
Half a year earlier, I managed to successfully upload an older version of the arducopter. I welcome

2 Likes

Still a work in progress.

I have an OctoQuadX with a Navio2.

Since 3.6.0, Oneshot 125 is of no use: PWM out is still between 1000 and 2000 when Oneshot125 is selected, instead of 125-250 range.

While using 3.6.9, normal PWM out, I experienced motor desynchronising with bad Yaw control when manually tuning parameters. Same parameters are fine with 3.5.7 and Oneshot125 (no desynchronising). So I reverted to 3.5.7 for my day use.

Can you check with dev team if Oneshot125 is working as intended on other cards like PixHawk, Cube and 3.6.x. No need to fly, just change type to 2 (Oneshot125) and check if PWM out status is in the expected range.

I had a short try with 3.6.10 but compiled arducopter from repository doesn’t launch (reported to Emlid team). 3.6.10 rc1 doesn’t work either.

Thanks

At kakute F7 AIO I can’t find the options on serial 6 when I put the 10 value for Frsky passthrough

I have upload the latest mission planner

AutoTune 3.6.10 possible bug . less 3-6 secs in the autotune, quad loss of att, crash, spins down from one side , second time on same frame , the strange thing, is that if was able fly 20 min afterwards and no loss of ATL or control in flight modes (stab, atlhold, loiter) . Specs,a 580mm X frame, pixhawk 2.8.4 , bheli 14.9 (flyraptor 30a) Oneshot125 , 14inch props , 630kv, M8N gps,2.4kg TOW,

logs,
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1m_WnBd2pivk-S4hMg9NOSrIuiITgeIB3
thx
LC

@lautaro, from a quick look at the logs it looks like a motor/esc failure on motor 1. It shows the classic evidence of this which is namely that motor 1’s output goes high, the opposite motor (motor2) goes low, the vehicle leans towards the failed motor (i.e. leans forward, right).

I also see the RC3_MIN is quite low at 982. This should be fine in general unless the ESCs haven’t been calibrated. Did you remember to calibrate the ESCs? I would also check the motors using MP’s motor test screen.

Hi thanks for the quick reply, yep ran the ESC calibration,and the 982 is the min of the RC3 , however whats weird is that the quad flew afterwards just fine in stab, althod,loiter and no esc/motor failure, (flew 10 min ) trying to replicate the twitch that the autotune does to see if the quad did the same and it did not . However when I enabled the autotune it crashed again. I’ll also test the esc in oneshot and normal mode. However this drone was flying 3.5.x ver for all 2018 with no issues doing autotune and mission mode so it was what you say reliable quad.

thx
LC

@lautaro, Not sure but it really looks like a motor/esc failure. AutoTune puts a lot more strain on the ESCs/motors than normal flying so it is more likely that issues will appear in AutoTune vs other modes.

I managed to load the Omnibus f4 pro v2 version of the arducopter 3.6.10 with_bl. It looks like everything works in contrast to the version without Bl. I will be testing in the coming days. Thanks for developing the firmware.

1 Like

Hi so third time was no charm, , reflashed the esc’s 14.9 bheli , recal the esc via MP(successfully), flew with PID from last successful autotune (3.5.7) the quad flew just fine in all modes thou when I switch to auto tune and down it goes, seems related to esc only when in autotune, as RC1 max out ; however the quad in all other flight modes does not run into this issue even when I push the quad . So I will replace esc to something newer as the other quads I have don’t run into an issue with autotune.

logs,

https://plot.dron.ee/Nakv

Thx,
LC

Hello,

I had access to Oneshot125 user log (another arducopter compatible card).

Oneshot125 is ok with 3.6.10 on that card.

Problem need to be solved by Emlid Dev Team

Thanks

@rmackay9 has an issue been created for this SBUS problem? I don’t see one in the repo.
@Mohamed Any progress?

9Hi
Anyone have problems with external compass calibration on CC3D Revo board?
I’ve tried everything and still cant get compass to work,i2c pins on revo board are pins 9 and 10 on flexiIO port?

It seems that Motor PWM calculation has been changed since 3.6.9. My ESC’s wont initialize unless I change MOT_PWM_MIN from 1000 to 900. Or run a new ESC Calibration which changes my ESC PWM min to 1050.

Just to confirm, I downgraded to 3.6.9 and 1000 works fine.

On 3.6.9: MOT_PWM_MIN: 1000 ESC CAL:1000
On 3.6.10: MOT_PWM_MIN: 1000 ESC CAL:1050

Any insight would be appreciated.

I need help

I have a kakute F7 and I have upload the 3.7 dev and frsky tellemetry passthrough working

Now I have uploaded 3.6.10 stable and I can’t find on mission planner the OPTIONS at serial protocol that I have connected my Frsky passthrough

You’ll need to temporary install a serial inverter. We don’t get the SERIAL_OPTIONS in 3.6.x

Check this