After a few weeks of beta testing Copter-3.6.10 has been released.
The changes are listed below and in the ReleaseNotes.txt:
- mRobotics ControlZeroF7 board support
- Motor Test sped up by removing delay that triggered CPU Watch Dog
- EKF improvements:
a) learns biases even for inactive IMUs
b) EKF uses earth magnetic field model to reduce in-flight compass errors
c) EKF switches to first healthy IMU when disarmed
d) IMU fix for dropped samples during high CPU usage
e) Optical flow fusion start fix when some gyros disabled
- Ublox F9 GPS support
- Integrated CPU Watch Dog for STM boards including logging of reset reason
- ChibiOS I/O firmware for ChibiOS builds to support Spektrum binding
- Auxiliary switch changes always logged
- CUAVv5 Nano LED fix
- Solo Gimbal fix when some gyros disabled
The EKF improvements are important for handling the recovery of a failed IMU. Copter-3.6.9 was critical in terms of handling an inflight IMU failure and this release builds on that to improve handling in case the IMU recovers.
Thanks very much to the beta testers!