Copter-3.6.0-rc5 available for beta testing

Copter-3.6.0-rc5 is ready for beta testing. The list of changes can be seen in the ReleaseNotes and also copied below.

Changes from 3.6.0-rc4

1. Support new boards CubeBlack and HolyBro Pixhawk4-mini
  2. ChibiOS small enhancement and fixes:
    a) make board serial number match NuttX
    b) relay fix for Pixhawk boards by defaulting BRD_PWM_COUNT to 4 (same as NuttX)
    c) MatekF405-Wing default compass orientation fix
    d) Pixhawk4 default compass orientation fix
    e) Omnibus F4 Pro I2C fix
  3. Bug fixes:
    a) Telemetry baud rate fix
    b) RC failsafe fix to RTL in all modes except Auto when FS_THR_ENABLE is continue-with-mission
    c) waypoint navigation related safety check that PSC_POS_XY_P is non-zero
    d) aerofc-v1 update bootloader utility fix

There will certainly be an -rc6 to resolve some known issues including:

Thanks in advance for any testing people here can do!

If possible please raise issues as a new Topic in this thread.

1 Like

Any reason to expect different compass behavior with this release? MP reported “compass not calibrated” after updating from Rc4 (chibios both). And the 2nd on-board compass on the PixRacer is not recognized when doing the calibration. I think this can be seen in the device ID’s comparing them to the Rc3 release which is the last I have a saved parameter file from. They are identified differently.

1 Like

Hi,

Seems like buzzer sounds for pressing safety switch are gone.

Pixhawk 4
fmu_v5
Copter-3.6.0-rc5

HTH,
Gal

mRo radio does not connect using ChibiOS without the wire removal.
https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/mro-x2-1-rev2-radio-issues/28534/7?u=quadsours

Frame: HEXA
fmuv3 001A0034 33365109 36353335
ChibiOS: e7b6334c
ArduCopter V3.6.0-rc5 (2301b196)

Hi I like to install using load custom firmware can you give me the direct link to the directory for px4-v3 rc-5? I am lost. normally it in the latest directory? but the firmware does not say RC-5 after loading unless I use MP load beta. Where is MP pointing to?

I think MP temporarily downloads them each time, should be here : http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Copter/beta/

Ok that did it. I see RC-5 now. Thanks!

Firmware site, path: /Copter/beta/PX4

ChibiOS rc-5 on the mRo in gps mode is jerky see video: GPS switched on at 00:13

" https://www.dropbox.com/s/0sftgcd4s5htqz8/GPS-jerking-chi.mp4?dl=0 "

logs ChibiOS and Nuttx nuttx is fine.

1 Like

Downloading logs in RC-5 gives false flags errors. Nav check, Bad ARS, and Pos vert in HUD.

Dave,

That is a bit of a concern. There was a change related to the compasses. It was meant to be a non-functional change but perhaps something went wrong. Txs for the report. I think we should be able to reproduce with a pixracer but we may need a dataflash log file from you…

Brandon,
Txs for the report. re EKF errors during dataflash log downloads, I think that happens in Copter-3.5 as well. It’s potentially something we should fix but we may not fix it in Copter-3.6.

Randy,
Flight log attached from a brief hover as it wasn’t stable in assisted modes.

Edit: I flashed back to 3.5.5 Nuttx as it wasn’t flyable on 3.6.0Rc5 Chibios and the compass’s are properly recognized and calibrate OK.

Brandon,

Nice video and logs of the problem. I’ve created a new thread here to discuss.

1 Like

@Quadzilla many thanks for reporting the issue with the mRo X2.1. I’ve reproduced the issue and fixed it in master and for copter 3.6.
I’ve done a build here for you to test:
http://uav.tridgell.net/quadsours/copter-mRoX21-beta-test.apj
Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks so much will test it!

Quick test on my quad using Pixhawk classic flight controler few increible! ChibiOS rc-5 Thanks!

2 Likes

Gal,

Thanks for the report, I’ve added it to our list to investigate.

Hi happy to report that the Green frog is AOK using ChibiOS copter-mRoX21-beta-test.apj you made me! and is working really nice !! floats like a dream!! Big thank you and Randy as well!

greenfrogR001

1 Like

Great, thanks for testing so quickly! This will be included in Copter-3.6.0-rc6 which will be out within a week I think.

1 Like

report:

Quad nose dived in takeoff and crashed.

IronMan 650 Sport
400kv
ESC XRotor Pro 50A
3.6.0-rc5 Pixhawk 4
stabilize mode.

When I started the takeoff all seemed stable, but at about 3 feet the quad took a nose dive and landed on its back. Ended up with only one broken antenna.

Actually I have a hunch that the cause is due to mechanical failure but I’m not sure. I am not proficient enough in reading the logs so any input would be appreciated.

2018-07-12 2007-48-42.bin
2018-07-12 2007-48-42.log
2018-07-12 2007-48-42.log.param
video

Best,
Gal