Benewake TFmini-S: How to issue commands to change from UART to I2C?

Send factory reset command and retry :blush:**

I did that and it didn’t change anything…

Ok so I purchased a new TFmini and I performed the same steps you outlined above to get it into Pix mode. The results are exactly the same. After I enter 5A 05 05 02 66 and 5A 04 11 6F to save, the graph stops moving. I check Pix Mode and the graph changes and moves. Loading into TeraTerm shows no output. @Siya

Sorry for the flood of messages, I really hope to get this project off the ground soon. I have made progress, I found where the baud settings are in Tera Term and I set it correctly and I now see ascii plain text!

The drone however doesn’t. I will double check settings and such and will report back.

Hello, nice to know you make progress, dont forget to set correct baud rate and type on Flight Controler as well :wink:

1 Like

Hello there, If you are using Ardupilot firmware 3.6 or later version, then dont change it to PixMode otherwise it will not work.
Please change it back to standard mode if firmware is V3.6.2 or higher one.
5A 05 05 01 65 (change to standard format)
5A 04 11 6F (save settings)
If you want to observe the data of PixMode while you are in UART mode, I share serial port utility, you can try this.
Link: https://we.tl/t-L4OLwqqAe6

yes, that is already set.
Capture

I am indeed using higher than 3.6, 4.0.3 in fact.

OMG @ibrahimqazi that worked!! Thank you so much!

That’s great its working

Anyone know of a way to determine what version of TF mini this is.
I found it in a parts bin, it had no connector on the end and I corrected that. It appears to be working as a UART version. Wa hooooo…but is it a mini plus or not.

TFmini-plus serial is T260021.
TFmini-S is U280015

Thank you for the quikc response.
I have another attached to a different copter and I know this is a TF Mini Plus as I just bought it and it’s a different serial number. then what you reference this is why I was asking.

@Siya

T26 could be the the type (TFMiniPlus) and other digits serial number.

That would make sense.
Thanks man

Thanks for the info, my tfminibis not working in I2C mode, how to convert us back to UART mode.

Help needed!!!
Hi, I did try to change the mode form UART to I2C by following the above comments.
Here is the error screen snip:

What TF Mini are you using because it its a TF-Mini Plus that gui doesn’t look right.
It looks like an older version

TF GUI.zip (700.0 KB)

Thanks. I downloaded new software. I have converted to I2C mode.
How can I fall back to UART? It seems I2C mode is not working…
I am getting the address from 01 to 7E for I2C scan!

1 Like

Hi @snoozer @rickyg32, I am currently trying to configure a TFmini S LiDar with Arducopter 4.0.3 in a Navio2 with raspberry pi 4. I am using the commands abbove to communicate via I2C but no success. I use i2cset -y 1 0x10 0x5a 0x50 0x0a 0x00 0x69 i and an error is returned. Error: write failed. Has someone experienced this issue? image. I need some help here to get this LiDar working.