Topic:Hardware for GSoC 2023 Camera & Gimbal Project
This is a draft proposal for hardware required for the GSoC 2023 camera and gimbal project that Asif Khan is working on.
Proposal type: Hardware [x]
- Battery (e.g. this 5200mAh battery) $65
- charger (e.g. this one) because ZR10 requires a battery for power $90
- Ethernet switch box (SwitchBlox Nano - Micro Ethernet Switch 3 Port Network Switch) $70 + shipping
- Regular 5+ port ethernet switch (to be used while waiting for BotBlox) $40 + shipping
- 5x RJ-45 ethernet cables ($25)
- Transmitter/Receiver ($150)
- Frame to support gimbal ($50)
The advantage of providing the more expensive ViewPro is that it would allow continued development on the AP View Pro driver (by someone other than Randy) including adding support for sending the autopilot’s position to the camera, absolute zoom and focus feedback and potentially moving the driver to C++ instead of Lua.
A list of camera enhancements and gimbal enhancements are here on the issues list.
Planned amount $$ (USD): 490
Estimated time for completion: 6 months
Items that were donated
- Camera Gimbal Siyi ZR10 ($530+shipping) OR ViewPro A10 Tracking camera ($1399+shipping) ← Siyi ZR10 donated!
- Autopilot with ethernet support (CubeRed, Holybro Pixhawk6, CUAV pixhawk v6x) + GPS ← CUAV pixhawk v6x donated!