An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Hello

I need some help. In the past I was using the sport convertor to get the tx/rx connected to the sport of frsky x4r-sb. I learned that you can get uninverted sport connection to the receiver

1. How does the cable setup look like if i get the uninverted sport signal from the receiver how it is described by OscarLiang. Do I have to drill both rx/tx cables from pixhawk and connect it to the uninverted signal pad of the receiver like with pixracer?
  2. What serial parameter has to be set in the pixhawk for that setup.

Thanks very much for any support

Harald

Hi all,

but at present, with these modules, does the script work?
I need a summary :slight_smile:

Hi Alberto, ELRS support is experimental, it kind of works by using high telemetry rates, check here for more info

it’s an unsupported configuration yet

1 Like

Hi Nathan,
CubeOrange is tricky do you have the pull down resistor on the TX line? With the pull down in place and SERIAL_OPTIONS=7 I have it working all right.

I had an R-XSR fully working, bidir as well with

• RXSR_LBT_ACCST_191112.frk
  • RXSR-FPORT_LBT_ACCST_191128.frk
    and now same receiver flying with
  • RXSR_ACCESS_2.1.0.frsk
    not much luck with D16 2.x with the R-XSR but did not try 2.1.1 D16

Did you see this An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios - #1425 by el_loco ?

I’ve given the 5k pulldown a shot. It’s not fully working with the RXSR or the Archer. I keep getting a cycling on-and-off telemetry for about a minute. Every 2 seconds it seems to reset. Then after a minute, the RC inputs freeze, the “sensor is lost” according to the transmitter, but the receiver is still powered and bound, and the TX shows full bars on RSSI. Unfortunately I can’t downgrade to ACCST because the X9-Lite is an ACCESS only transmitter. What do I need to do next?

Hi, please try version 1.9.5 stable, it should handle ELRS rssi all right

1 Like

Thanks. I will and give a feedback👍

Hi @Naterater

You may need just the right fw for the TX-module of the transmitter:
X9 Lite ISRM v.1.1.3 and more

You can switch back to the old ACCST-D16-mode keep using D16 receivers.
Works for me.

Good luck!!!

@yaapu I just pulled out an Opterra 1.2m running v1.8.1 in a RadioMaster. I tried to upgrade to the v1.9.5 by just copying the menu.lua and .luac and TOOLS>Yaapu Config.lua and Yaapu Debug.lua; no change on the CFG. When it booted, the screen just said Disabled. What other files do I need to upgrade in the Tx SD card?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Rolly,
you need to overwrite all folders but the CFG/, so everything inside the SD/ must be copied over to your radio

Alright alright, I did indeed get the R-XSR working by going all of the way back to the 19xxxxx frimware. I’m hesitant to stick with those as I like to stay relatively up-to-date with the additional features (including Fport2). Unfortunately all of the newer firmware and trying everything with the Archer was unsuccessful. I haven’t needed the pulldown resistor with the mRobotics Pixracer Pro.

It just works on ELRS. Rssi now changes. Thank you for great support​:blush::+1:

I have the R-XSR working in both ACCST and ACCESS modes on a Cube Orange (using separate firmware for each, of course). I did use a pulldown resistor for that application. To get ACCST F.Port + telemetry working properly, I needed this beta firmware. F.Port + telemetry is working perfectly with the latest ACCESS 2.1 series firmware.

I also just installed an Archer RS on my big mower Rover today, and it’s working with the telemetry scripts using ACCESS 2.1 series F.Port firmware as well (also with a pulldown resistor).

Now I’m confused; you needed a beta firmware only for ACCST? Also the link doesn’t work

That’s correct. There was a known bug in the ACCST 2.1 FPort firmware for the R-XSR. It appears FrSky has removed its beta testing repository in the past few weeks. I used that link not long ago at all, but the entire repository has been removed, including a good discussion of the bug.

I attached my copy of ACCST FPort 2.1.2-beta for the R-XSR.

RXSR_Accst_Fport_FCC_2.1.2-beta.zip (122.2 KB)

Hi all i just update to 1.9.5 redid all the MAPS i cant get it to display maps
on X12S

anyone having this issue ?

When I first updated to 1.9.5 on my X12S, I had to redo the maps as well. But I just followed the documentation for using Mission Planner to prefetch and the included tool for resizing. Once I placed the maps in the right place, everything worked great.

HI Colin, you need to discover your GPS sensor again, seems you removed it

Hi Alex

just Blanked GPS out it is there
i did delete all sensors and discover them again that was first thing i did