An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Double check your rates, not much I can suggest, perhaps ask the MavToPT author?

Yes - you were right and it was something ATX-Heli also said today to somebody else that had me check QGroundControl. After QGC initialized it reset the stream rates. By telling QGC to not alter my stream rates this fixed the problem. Thanks,

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have a Pixhawk or ArduPilot. Wanted to ask if yaapu script, adapter will also work with DJI Naza V2? I bought FrSky X12S and wanted to have the telemetry data from DJI Naza V2. I saw an adapter like this on Aliexpress (enter FRSKY Yaapu on Aliexpress). Has anyone tried FRSKY Yaapu Converter with DJI Naza V2?

Hi Everyone, wonderful work @yaapu!

I am currently facing problems recieving passthrough telemetry via F.Port (1) while RC-commands from the transmitter are beeing processed smoothly.

I tested two recievers (Archer RS, ACCESS, different firmware-versions) on three boards (Plane 4.1.0). Both recievers behaved the same:

• Pix32 v5: all good, telemetry&yapuu perform flawlessly
  • CUAV v5+: RC ok, telemetry not working
  • Cube Orange: RC ok, telemetry not working

Afterwards, telemetry was tested with S.Port and S.Port “inverted” (PROTOCOL 10, both RC_OPTIONS 0/8 tested, SERIALx_OPTIONS adequate), but was not working on the CUAV and the Cube Orange. The pulldown-hack on normal S.Port as suggested by @iampete/@yak-54 didn’t help.

Might the problem come from the txs0108e (it seems as this chip is not used in the Pix32 v5)?

I am quite frustrated since I don’t have any clue of how to proceed debugging - what would you suggest?

Hi Konrad,
not sure what your issue is but it does not look to be ArduPilot related, just tested ArduPlane V4.1.0dev (22c93614) on my CubeOrange and following setups all worked fine:

• ACCST v1.x X4R on SPort, 4kOhm pulldown on TELEM2 TX pin, SERIAL2_PROTOCOL=10, SERIAL2_OPTIONS=7
  • ACCST v1.x R-XSR on FPort, 4kOhm pulldown TELEM2 TX pin, SERIAL2_PROTOCOL=23, SERIAL2_OPTIONS=7
  • ACCESS Archer M+ on FPort and FPort2, 4kOhm pulldown TELEM2 TX pin, SERIAL2_PROTOCOL=23, SERIAL2_OPTIONS=7

Note: RC_OPTIONS = 0 for all setups

Alex

Hi Alex,

thank you for testing! I finally got it working - pulling down with 5k instead of 10k.

Summary, tested on CubeOrange and Archer RS (ACCESS 2.1.2), RC_OPTIONS = 0:

• Inverter Cable (incl. duplexing) serial4 to S.Port, RC SBUS, Protocol 10, Options 160 -> all good.
  • Inverter Cable (incl. duplexing) serial4 to F.Port&F.Port2 (both activated in RX-options), Protocol 23, Options 160 -> all good.
  • serial4_tx to inverted S.Port, Protocol 10, Options 4 -> no telemetry (obviously no RC).
  • serial4_tx to F.Port&F.Port2, Protocol 23, Options 7 -> no telemetry, RC present.
  • serial4_tx to F.Port&F.Port2, Protocol 23, Options 7, pulldown 20k on tx -> no telemetry, RC present.
  • serial4_tx to F.Port&F.Port2, Protocol 23, Options 7, pulldown 10k on tx -> no telemetry, RC present.
  • serial4_tx to F.Port&F.Port2, Protocol 23, Options 7, pulldown 5k on tx -> finally all good… what a journey.

Edit:
Using ACCESS 2.1.8 on the Archer RS, telemetry and RC only works with F.Port selected in RX-options. Adding F.Port2 breaks communication.

Maybe the solution might be added to the ArduPilot documentation?

BR, Konrad

1 Like

Can please someone point me in the right direction?
I have the Matek F405-WSE fc, taranis and a Jumper R8 receiver. Currently running ardurover.
I have SBUS working but can’t get any telemtry with the Yaapu Frsky Telemetry Script currently running on my taranis with OpenTx 2.3.11…
Jumper R8 connected to TX2.

SERIAL2_BAUD 57
SERIAL2_OPTIONS 7
SERIAL2_PROTOCOL 10

Do you have gps and see the gps data on your Taranis.?

By the way, I have Alex telemetry script running on Taranis X9D+ (openTX 2.2.4) with Frsky XSR and Revo mini AP 4.0.9.

But is there something around, which only gives you access to the telemetry data on the transmitter without all the graphic display? So just the sensor data …

br KH

Hi, you should probably switch protocol and go for serial_protocol 4, you’d loose status text messages though

Thank you all, I got it working.
TX and RX from FC to RX and TX to Matek USART 1.
Configured SERIAL1_BAUD 57, SERIAL1_OPTIONS 7, SERIAL1_PROTOCOL 10
Now I got all telemetry on yaapu script except RxBt shows 0

great! just a note: RxBt is receiver battery voltage, nothing to do with ardupilot or my scripts

I guess that Jumper R8 does not output that information.
Thank you for all your hard work, it is really a marvel!

1 Like

Hi Alex,

I think i am having some kind of issue with the message display.I only get these messages while bootup.No prearm messages,No EKF2 is using GPS etc. HUD and other value are correct.It even calls GPS lock etc but nothing on message screen.

I am using Kakute F7 with latest stable arducopter with Frsky R9mm( with Fport on "uninverted pad of R9mm) and tranmitter is frsky QX7.

My settings are:
SERIAL6_BAUD,57
SERIAL6_OPTIONS,4
SERIAL6_PROTOCOL,23

Hi Alex hope all is well in your part of the world
just quick question does your script work on X12s with an Access module in it ?

Hi, are you using dshot with a high loop rate? I’ve seen frsky corruption if I go with loop rate > 800Hz

H Alex,

Yes i am using DSHOT 150 but with default loop rate. I tried to load latest stable arduplane and used its default parameters (No dshot) and had same issue.

Hi,
I was able to reproduce it and haven’t been able to make it work on UART1 or UART6, I’ve got it working on UART 2,3,4 with following options:

SERIAL_PROTOCOL=23
SERIAL_OPTIONS=47

Options 47 means:

• invert RX
  • invert TX
  • half duplex
  • swap tx/rx
  • pull up RX

Note: rx/tx swapping means FPort has to be wired to the RX pin!

1 Like

Many thanks Alex. I will try different UART as you suggested and will report back,

So this is an Ardupilot issue then. Right?

I wouldn’t say so, it’s very receiver specific, I had it working with your options on an archer M+ using fport2 so it really depends on the combination of flight controller and rx fport2/sport ports, at least this is what my experience suggests