An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

ok, then it’s not finding the tiles, not even the nomap png…double check the tiles path

it may be GMapCatcher i was just looking at the path sat_tiles 0 to -1 jumps to 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
i set it to 0 to -2

Anyone has also issues with Taranis x9d plus (2016 or older)memory when runnig yaapu at background.
Even if i use the new low mem min panels feature on yaapu script i got script error messages for other scripts…and sometimes yaapu also give this error message. I havent got this issue with older 1.8 versions of yaapu.
Now i had to turn off yaapu from the telemetry screens and power cycle the radio to be able to use Crossfire or ELRS luas.
I know taranis has tight memory but i deleted almost all my models only keep 3 on the flash mem.
It seems time to change the radio or it can be related also to opentx latest versions?

Hi @Tamas_Landa ,
indeed the script right now is really tight on classic X9D, I tried to create a slimmer version for you to test that has some features disabled:

• no terrain support
  • no fence alert support
  • no rpm telemetry
  • min center and right panels by default

you can try it by downloading the dev branch of my dev github repo here

the Taranis folder has 3 sub folders, please read the README file for details about which version to use

cheers,
Alex

2 Likes

Hi.Alex! i will test it soon. Thanks for your effort to made this special script…i like my taranis and its so great if i can use it with your script.:+1::grinning:
One more little thing…is it possible to change the location of average cell voltage and battery voltage data if i m using it default on the min right panel?! I mean it would be good if i can see the battery voltage with large fonts instead of the cell voltage20211008_002503|479x500

Had a weird phenomenon for the first time on my Believer. Was getting readings of 2.0v on the FC. Battery warnings galore. Voltage total was fine and logs show no indication of voltage going that low. It happened after about 5 min into flight. Fully charged 6S 6600x2. I just upgraded from Mauch HS power module to the PL and added dual bec to supply primary and backup to the pixhawk cube orange. I have a separate independent castle 10A bec powering the rail. I thought i was going to lose the plane and landed fast. Could it be the cell calculation in the yaapu script?

I’m thinking the script saw 2x inputs since the fc had primary and backup power. So it thought it was 12S? 2.0x12=24v. That was what i was seeing in arduplane.

I had the out of memory warnings and script crash/exit when I first updated to the new version on X9D+. I was also messing around with setting up a new model around the same time, and since I got that working properly (and deleted a non-working model with channel issues) the problem seems to have gone away.
But I dont have any real flight time on this since the version change, only bench testing so far.

You will have to do this kind of customization yourself, or you can force cell count to 1 and have both voltages displayed as battery voltage rather than cell voltage. Mind that the screenshot refers to the full featured version that might have issues on ol x9d radios

1 Like

Which version of the script and how was the battery option configured? Parallel, series or? Which radio? How many battery monitors did you activate? You can also force cell count from the script config menu should the script fail to detect your setup

I’m running 1.9.5-dev. Will update that later. The battery configuration was default (I don’t remember changing it), so it’s set to parallel. Arduplane has only 1 battery monitor because that’s all there is. The Mauch BEC has 2 independent outputs to supply power to the Cube orange (100A / 200A Hall Sensor PM for Pixhawk / APM - PL 2-6S BEC).

I can’t replicate the issue on the bench. I think now that I’m aware of the issue, I will switch cell count manually if it happens again. I have various other models that have different cell counts so i don’t want to have to manually change cell count for each model. Too bad the cell count couldn’t be set for each model vs global.

Hi cell count override is per model just like anything you set in the script config menu

1 Like

This is a good idea!
I feel more familar to see the total battery voltage in big digits.
I changed the config and it works for me.

1 Like

That’s right. And I should have known that but it was late in the night and I was sleep deprived lol. Think I will just set cell count manually since this plane will always be 6s

1 Like

Yep. Its a great idea…i wanted to change this long time ago…but did not know that i can do this by a simple cell count selection in script menu😀
Thanks Alex…we always learn something

1 Like

One more hint, battery alarms need to be set with the new range, i.e. not cell based but using full battery voltage

1 Like

Hi all,
after upgrade arducopter 4.0.5 to 4.1 script 1.8.1 on my radiomaster, stop working. If downgrade again to 4.0.5 yappu works well.
Do i need to update the script?
Thanks

EDIT: update yaapu script to 1.9.5 no works. On pixhawk 1 works well

I have the same question.
ardupilot: 4.0.7
yaapu widget 1.9.5
I can get rpm data in MP from aux pin, but radio can not show that

Hi, rpm requires ArduPilot 4.1

ok, I will try to update , thanks

Look like it is the custom GMapCatcher has the issue after 4 attempts
So i download the latest GMap then resize them all good

1 Like