An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Hi Steve,
it’s not clear from your screenshots what you’d like to achieve.

Sensors discovery is optional if all you want is using my script to display telemetry on screen. From the list of discovered sensors I’d say you selected the wrong frsky protocol, you need to select frsky passthrough (SERIALn_PROTOCOL 10) and not frsky (SERIALn_PROTOCOL 4).

The right screen you show is the one supporting “user selected sensors” among those discovered by OpenTX (when the script is not running) like FLVSS,MLVSS, Gas SUITE, Kero Jet etc…

Hi Alex

I would like the right screen to have “user selected sensors” like the Gas SUITE info. (Like this picture below)

The usual Gas helicopter information like RPM 1, RPM 2, Temp 1, Temp 2. I’m running FRsky RPM Sensor Smart Port via a Y lead with Frsky passthrough into X8R receiver. I can confirm that Frsky passthrough is set to SERIAL 5_PROTOCOL=10

The bit I think I’m missing is how to get the user selected sensors data onto the right side of the screen. I’ve gone around to all the menu/settings I could find and can’t find this custom right panel where the user can display up to 5 OpenTX sensors. Is there a file that I need to copy/modify and place in another folder for this to work?

Ok steve,
read the details here and customize the file I created for @yak-54

the required steps are:

• make sure you discovered all the sensors you would like in the right custom screen
  • rename the file just like your cfg file in the /SCRIPTS/YAAPU/CFG folder but ending in _sensors.lua
  • customize it with the correct sensor names
  • power cycle your radio to pick up the changes

EDIT Colin had the very same issue, you can check my answers here for more info

Hi all,
this is the second release candidate for Horus and Jumper T16 radios, version 1.8.0-rc2

screenshot_x10_19-04-27_15-16-08

horus_1.8.0_rc2.zip

Note 1: OpenTX 2.2.3 is recommended
Note 2: This version requires the luac option checked in OpenTX settings

version 1.8.0 rc2

• added support for boat frametype
  • fix import of old config file format
  • fix for nil values as critical/warning levels in sensors.lua file

version 1.8.0 rc1

• fix for series battery wiring
  • new menu option to define a channel to toggle between main screen and message history (by flipping a switch perhaps). This way the only mandatory page is the main page, dedicating a telemetry page to message history is no longer required.

version 1.8.0 beta3

• new layout with bigger hud
  • support for new battery configurations: series and independent wiring
  • support for up to 6 frsky custom sensors embedded in the widget main screen
  • cellcount override for 1st and 2nd battery (select “other” in batt config menu)
  • batteries with voltage higer than 51.1V (requires to select 12s override in config menu)
  • chained FLVSS as serial battery config (select “ser” in batt config menu)
  • voice playback of selected mavlink messages
  • fix to skip flight mode vocal announcement for very quick flight mode changes, like flipping a switch from pos 1 to pos 3
  • haptic feedback, has to be enabled from the menu
  • more options to silence the incoming message beep
  • native support for Eric’s mavlinkToPassthru firmware “Plus” versions
  • support for PX4 flight modes when used with Eric’s mavlinkToPassthru firmware (has to enabled from the config menu)

Notes

as always feedback is very welcome,

cheers,

Alex

1 Like

Thank you so much Alex. It works a treat!:grinning:

1 Like

Alex, many many thanks, works great on my x9d. One question, I noticed that altitude is shown as MSL and not AGL, and I found this post

which suggests that changing the DEV _OPTIONS parameter will change that displayed altitude to AGL (relative) alt, which it did for MP when I made the change but not with the telemetry script. Is there something else that needs to be done with the telemetry script config to make this work?
Thanks

You have both:
right side on the glass cockpit is relative.
top left is absolute gps reported altitude.

Alex do have list of frsky ID list
i may have some sensors that are clashing with each other
i have issue with one of my FLVSS if i plug it in the gps stops working

Hi Colin,
GPS sensor comes from ardupilot, it’s not clear to me how you wired your system. Are you using the mavlink to passthru firmware on a teensyor it is a direct connection via a max3232 cable?
You should get it working without my script running and once frsky IDs are correct add the script to the equation. If IDs turn out to be clashing you can change them with the proper frsky tool.

i have 3 FLVSS i can plug 2 off them in and it gps works ID 10 and 11.
but if i try to add the last one it stops and i have tried to change ID just stops pull it out it works thats with out your script running5d38e1e0f34f87fecbd429335da641684cfe0625_2_690x303

Great! Thanks a ZILLION

1 Like

mhmm, honestely I have no idea why the GPS sensor would stop, did you solve it in the meantime?

nop been trolling the net no good yet
is there a limit sensors ?

I don’t think so, but I personally never tried more than 2 FLVSS + FC

there is a limit in OpenTX to 32 sensors max

there only 25 on my one so not that

well looks like it may have something to do with gas suite if i pull out the gas suite and plug in 3 FLVSS all works but soon as i plug in the gas suite the gps stops

to recap:

1. FC + GAS SUITE: GPS OK
  2. FC + 3 FLVSS: GPS OK
  3. FC + GAS SUITE + 2 FLVSS: GPS OK
  4. FC + GAS SUITE + 3 FLVSS: NO GPS

Do you have the gas suite script running while you do the testing?

1234 is the way it works
no i don’t have the script running
the only time i run the script is to set the prams or set the smart port ID that is set to 17

i did try it with FC + 5 FLVSS and it worked worked with out the gas suite

Colin, does passthrough telemetry work in use case 4, or both passthru and gps do not work?