An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Check that crsf is enabled in the yaapu config, check that you have serial prot on 23, rc options including 256 rssi type 3 and if all else fails create a new model from default settings and just set up the telemetry page and enable crsf in yaapu config again (its per model)
And wiring from rx to fc has to be a normal serial tx and rx on crsf (23-rcin) nothing sbus or anything else

Hi Alex@Yaapu
I installed the latest version of the yaapu telemetry plugin today. This telemetry script is really great. The previous version of the telemetry plugin worked very well on EDGE TX, but the latest version seems to have some issues. The height display on the HUB has shifted, and the information return time on the second page does not work, there is no change. I am not sure if there is a problem with my settings.Does anybody know a solution? Thanks in advance!
Inkedscreen-2023-03-02-222904
InkedInkedscreen-2023-04-28-210828

Hi, which radio, which version of EdgeTX and which (exact) version of my widget?

The radio is JUMPER T16 plus TBS Crossfire TX lite.
Edge TX versions are EdgeTX “Flying Dutchman” v2.8.2 and v2.8.3.
Yaapu Telemetry Script is FrskyTelemetryScript-OTX-ETX_Color-LCD_ver_2.0.0_beta3.

Horuse 2.0.0beta3 scripts run in Edge TX 2.8.2 and 2.8.3 environments with digital drift and no change in time.
However, Yaapu Horuse 2.0.0-baat2 does not have a number drift, but the time of the second page is still unchanged.

@yaapu

Hi Alex,

two questions:

Can the now red colored error messages possibly be displayed in yellow? Outdoor red is often very difficult to read (Tandem X18S).

Your script is so to speak standard, if one uses a ArduPlane FC in connection with FrSky, ELRS or Crossfire. In my case I would like to use ELRS or also Crossfire as Relay-TX. Of course your script should also run. Do you see a possibility how to implement this?

@yaapu hello! Did Ethos developers contact you?
The script does not work on TWIN X LITE and others ethos TX’s from external modules (R9M Lite pro for example). The internal module works fine with the script (both TW and X modes). Coordinates from FC are coming. But all other sensors are not visible.

i try different conbinations (FPORT/SBUS+SPORT). Not working. Only GPS data incoming.

frsky passthrough does not work on external module under ethos

is there any way to get it working with external module? seems like there is some data coming over sbus, when i try to “create diy sensor” and run autodetection i get same sensor adresses as described here Frsky Passthrough Protocol - Google Sheets.
switching SERIAL1_PROTOCOL to 4 i get almost all possible sensors.

The shifted height I’ll have to look into it, I don’t recall receiving any reports, the time column in the messages tab refers to the flight time, not to the actual clock time

@yaapu have you been contacted from FRSKY about this issue?

yes, looking into it, time is little though

1 Like

Morning all thinking of going to express lrs 2.4 Radiomaster Ranger 2.4GHz ExpressLRS RF Module

with RadioMaster RP3 ExpressLRS 2.4Ghz ELRS Nano Receiver Dual Antenna

can we use this with yaapu and ardupilot as well ?

Ah, Frsky… That combination is popular.

Yes i use nano ranger on a zorro and the same rp3 rx, works well

Is there a specification I need to look for when I want to use a Frsky receiver with Ethos to work with Yaapu? For example, my Archer RS works fine, but my R9 MX shows “No Telemetry.” I would like to get the new Archer Plus RS Mini,but want to be sure it will work with Yaapu. Does it have to support something like Mavlink Passthrough? Is that a hardware or software specification?

Update: I went back and saw where you say that it uses the native FrSky Passthrough protocol. In my case the R9 MX does not support telemetry so that would explain why it does not work. The RS Mini is the same module as the original RS but has an on-board antenna so I can assume it will work fine. It sounds like I just need to make sure any FrSky receiver I use supports telemetry over S.Port/F.Port and it should work with Ethos/Yaapu.

Update 2: I finally got my R9 MX to work with Yaapu. For reference, here are the settings that worked:

Transmitter:
Telemetry Port: F.Port
Arduplane:
brd_alt_config = 1 (for Matek H743-Wing v2)
serial7_baud = 57
serial7_options = 12
serial7_protocol = 23
rc_options = 32
rssi_type = 3

Hi Mike, that’s correct, the “passthrough” protocol requires sport/fport telemetry

Alex, have you ever thought about adding AES encryption to your Lua script? I understand it would require some new addition on the mission planner side as well.

Not sure if the radios can handle it.

Hi,
not sure I understand, which flow would need encryption, my scripts do not process mavlink but rather
frsky telemetry whose payload has strict size and format requirements

Hi,

Sorry I was confusing myself. You are right, you are simply at the top layer of the protocol. To add encryption, we will need AES encryption insides mission planner to be enabled on MAV link and then we can decrypt it inside the receiver.

The long range RFD900 radios provide encryption (over the air only, and keeps MAVLink as is) so I was just thinking outload how it can be added to the Yaapu solution. This will eliminate the need for the use of RFD900s if the TX and RX have long range TX and RX modules.

i use rfd900x for mavlink and control and only use AES encryption on the rfd900x with out issues