An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Hi Alex I like your new avatar that’s my new look I have taken up with this lockdown

And also is see your script has made into Rfdesign txmod kit as well.
Well done that must make you happy knowing they pushing you hard work in there product

1 Like

RNGFND_LANDING,0
RNGFND1_ADDR,0
RNGFND1_FUNCTION,0
RNGFND1_GNDCLEAR,10
RNGFND1_MAX_CM,9500
RNGFND1_MIN_CM,20
RNGFND1_OFFSET,0
RNGFND1_ORIENT,25
RNGFND1_PIN,-1
RNGFND1_POS_X,0
RNGFND1_POS_Y,0
RNGFND1_POS_Z,0
RNGFND1_PWRRNG,0
RNGFND1_RMETRIC,1
RNGFND1_SCALING,3
RNGFND1_STOP_PIN,-1
RNGFND1_TYPE,8

SERIAL4_BAUD,115
SERIAL4_OPTIONS,0
SERIAL4_PROTOCOL,9

LOL Colin thanks :slight_smile:
Eric and I managed to push out a good combo, it’s nice to see rfdesign including our work in their products, it sure makes me proud

1 Like

Thanks Colin,

Do you have the same 9500 cm for the Horus --> Sys -->Tools -->Yaapu Config? I set up a different LW20 on a different Quad (Hexsoon EDU) and it’s the same, no values returned for the LW20 in Yaapu. I used same Horus transmitter and a
different SBUS pass through unit with this different UAV. It must be a Horus issue, or using the SBUS passthrough….

~WRD000.jpg

here is my Yaapu config just rename it to your model and put on the sd card
testrig.zip (237 Bytes)

Can some clean up the mess in my head with an Orange Cube for pass-through more i read the more i
get confused

SERIAL1_PROTOCOL:10 FrSky SPort Passthrough (OpenTX)

SERIAL1_BAUD:57 57600

SERIAL1_OPTIONS:7 InvertRX and InvertTX and HalfDuplex

so i all i need to do is wire TX to S-port and a Ground

and add a ~10K resistor between S-port and ground. Actually the baud rate is set automatically. SERIAL1_OPTIONS is a bit mask, a value of 7 is not the same as bit 7. 7 is actually 1 + 2 + 4 so bit 0 1 and 2, InvertRX and InvertTX and HalfDuplex

1 Like

You don’t need the Teensy if you’re using ArduPilot; it’s only if you’re using the PX4 Autopilot stack/firmware. You’ll need to use the Yaapu Telemetry Cable.

Good luck.

I have started a new attempt to update my Taranis X9D+SE 2019 to OTX 2.3.9 and updating the ISRM transmitter and RXSR to ACCESS 2.1.0
I don’t get Taranis 1.8 telemetry to work after the update … no telemetry data.
So still the same as here at my 1st attempt here: An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Should this work in principle or is there a problem with ACCESS 2.1?

OK, I got it to work.
Had to register/bind the RXSR again and then switching the RXSR from FPORT to SPORT as described in the “How to about ACCESS receiver” document on the FrSky RXSR download page.

1 Like

Hi Rainer, did you have to switch from fport to sport because it did not work in fport mode or because sport was your target wiring?

After updating to ACCESS 2.1 the RXSR was in FPORT mode.
I think FPORT is supported with future 4.1. release and later.
My copter is running the official 4.0.3 release, which doesn’t support FPORT yet, I think.
So I had to use SPORT.

1 Like

I have made the “some soldering required” adapter and its working great on Frsky D4R-II Rx and Yaapu 1.8.0 LUA script on my X9D otx v2.2.2. I now want to add battery voltage. If I add analog voltage sensor (couple resistors/cap) to D4R-II analog port. Will this method show up on the yaapu telemetry screen for total battery voltage?

Hi, nope, the analog port used to be supported as a voltage source but not anymore, sorry :frowning:
Nobody used it and support did eat some memory so I removed it

Can this script display lateral acceleration along with pitch and roll? This would be similar to a turn-and-slip coordinator in a full-size airplane. My use case is tuning the yaw dampner and sideslip controller. If the ball stays in the middle, I know they work correctly.

Thanks for the reply Yaapu.
The Frsky Rx analog input is 0V to 3.3V, do you know if its the same for the PixHawk?

Hi, Pixhawk1 has both 3.3 and 6.6 ADC input ports.

Hi, no that information is not available. There’s no Accel telemetry in the passthrough protocol and even if it was there that instrument would require a rather complex implementation to be simulated in software.

Thanks, @yaapu. Too bad. It’s available in Mission Planner telemetry, so I thought it could be here as well. For the ball part, the software would only need to move a sprite left and right proportionate to the acceleration.

Ari.

…mhmm, the ball does not respond to lateral accel alone, I think that a more complex model would be required, the ball does not move on proper turn with no skid…