30KM 1080p 60fps 150ms - SIYI HM30 Full HD Digital Video Link Telemetry Radio System

Hi @SIYI
I’ve got a couple R1M cameras that work perfect with the HM30 system and as stand alone cameras for DIY projects. According to a manual there is a possibility to change camera’s IP address using a text file.
Is there any possibility to switch between resolutions (for now I use the SIYI FPV app for the purpose) and adjust a bitrate of the network stream?
Thanks

@SIYI

In case anyone else is struggling with this. I have been unable to update the AU Firmware. (Air Unit) It starts via the SIYI Assistant but then fails after about 1-2 seconds (3% to 15%) with the error seen in the image below. Using bootloader 5.x.x and firmware labeled “N32”

@victor777 led me to the solution: “Found that the AU firmware update will not work when mavlink is connected to it”

I was powering both the radio and my drone with the same battery and so PX4 was sending messages via Mavlink to the air unit and stopping the firmware update. It was literally disconnecting and reconnecting the USB in windows when this happened. When I disconnected the battery from the drone- the update successfully completed.

Of course I already ordered a new Air unit via DHL because I was sure I bricked my AU after a very frustrating night not being able to find the solution.

I know that others have said this- but this kind of stuff makes or breaks a new product. People don’t have time for this kind of troubleshooting because of poor documentation. I’m trying to use this product for a Search and Rescue project and honestly I’m thinking long and hard about using your product now- How could I expect my customers to go through something like this??? I literally purchased another $170 air unit because I thought I broke my other one. Big sigh.

Just FYI I did reach out to SIYI support but I’m guessing they might be on holiday this week- Holybro had a message that they were out until the 30th so I’m assuming that SIYI is on holiday too.

Edit: Btw this all started because I didn’t have the option under video to send it via the LAN port. I thought that maybe I was missing the option in the firmware version I had. The 1.3.2 manual clearly states that video can be sent via 1 of 4 methods…one of them being LAN. So I thought I had to update my firmware to get this feature. Well I’ve updated my firmware and this still isn’t showing. Now I’m thinking it is just enabled all the time and the firmware version had nothing to do with it. Again- something that would have saved me hours of time had they just documented how to get it setup or a note that no additional radio setup is required to use the LAN port for video. (I still dont even know if this is true- just got the AU back up and running)

Thank you for the great step-by-step.

I can use this!

Sorry for the inconvenience, Jeff. I think I need to add the trouble-shooting part into the manual.

How do you tell that the air unit is broken? Please let me know a little more detail.

About LAN connection and video display, what software do you use to show video? Are the gateway of your computer the same with HM30 system which is 192.168.144?

Hi Frank,
Can you setup a A2 Mini Topic,

Received my A2 mini yesterday.
Powered it up looks like if you have Sbus connected you dont get tilt in the FPV app, is this correct ?
The Sbus channel is 15 can I change that ?
FYI powered up ambient temp 16 degrees celsius after about 20 mins it fogged up

Not assembled in a dry room. Average humidity in southern china 82 % beijing 52%
Took off acrylic dome put both camera and dome in a dry box at 40 degrees C for two hours then reinstalled dome whilst still in the hot box. No fog now at 16 degrees C.
Hot Box = Fan forced electric oven at 40 degrees celsius no hotter use a thermometer not the oven dial be carefull, or in my case 3D pinter Filament Dry box at 40 degrees.
Then tested in the fridge 4 degrees celsius for 20 mins no fog, looks like I got rid of most the humidity out of the camera dome.
Good Camera, just needs to be assembeled in a dry room

When updating the air unit firmware- it would stop the update process between 3% and 18%. After the failure the Air unit firmware showed a version of 0.0.0.0 in the SIYI Companion software and no longer connected to the ground unit.

So what I thought was correct. When setting up video over LAN- no setting change is required on the ground unit. I had my video set to output via USB and it also sends it over the LAN. I’m using an Edgerouter between my PC and the ground unit to provide DHCP to my PC. The gateway is set to 192.168.144.1 (EdgeRouter) and everything seems to be working properly.

Just in case anyone else find this- You don’t need to set the ground unit’s settings to anything special to use video over LAN. Just get your PC setup properly and it should work.

@SIYI

Question- Can I pass normal UDP or TCP traffic over the radio network? I.E. If I want to pass an ROS topic over UDP- can I just hook up the companion computer to the SIYI Air Unit LAN port and pass that traffic over it?

If I wanted to connect the SIYI Camera AND my companion computer- can I just use your little Ethernet switch for the Air Unit?

Edit: One more question- Any idea what the bandwidth the SIYI HM30 is captible of at distance? Let’s just say 15KM.

Please disconnect all other cables except the power cable and the Type-C cable for upgrade. Then do the upgrade process again.

1 Like

The HM30 link is transparent for any possible protocols.

The overall bandwidth of the system is 14 Mbps.

2 Likes

@SIYI Thanks Frank- I did get it figured out as I mentioned above. It was Mavlink disconnecting the firmware update because that cable was still plugged in and powered. =)

THANK YOU!!! This is really helpful!

Hello, how can i get the connection between my hm30 and gopro hero 10 ?

You need an air unit HDMI input converter

I use a hdmi to LAN converter from SIYI with a Gopro Hero 3.
I found this has a better image quality for FPV than the original cam but also more weight.
Hero 3 has a life hdmi out.
Does the Hero 10 have a LIFE out?

GoPro 10 does not have natively HDMI out port. HDMI out port can be added with a GoPro Media Mod though: https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/mounts-accessories/camera-media-mod/ADFMD-001.html (the same Media Mod works also with GoPro 9 Black and 10 Black).

I do not have GoPro 10 myself, but with GoPro 8 and older Media Mod, there was a huge latency of HDMI signal while recording with HyperSmooth activated. When not recording, or not using HyperSmooth for recording, the latency was much much better.

I’m happy with Gopro 3, no difference to SIYI Cam in latency even when recording in FullHD.
In the “olden days” it was the mandatory cam for DJI Lightbridge 1.

The google drive link with the HM30 Air Unit firmware (the one mentioned in this thread and in the HM30 manual) is not valid any more. Could you please tell me where the firmware can be found? I mean the HM30 ground and air unit.

What exactly is needed? A single file for every unit? A bootloader file?

See: HM30 Firmware Pack - Google Drive (from Downloads page of SIYI HM30 Long Range Full HD Digital Image Transmission FPV System 1080p 60fps 150ms SBUS PWM Mavlink Telemetry OSD 30KM CE FCC,Enterprise Link )

Thanks Risto, I haven’t noticed this download section.

Is the “boot loader” the complete firmware? (not a part, as the name suggests?)

This is version 5.2.4 for the Air Unit, and in this thread people mention 5.2.5 and even 5.2.9? Are they also available? Or no longer considered valid/correct?

Yet another question is about the Siyi Assistant. The newest version I’ve managed to find is 1.2.7, however, in the A8 mini manual a screenshot with 1.3.2 is shown, where I can find it? (OK, it’s in the A8 mini’s Downloads tab, please could you provide some unified information about the newest versions for every product firmware, and when can be downloaded?)