SIYI A8 mini 4K AI Mini Zoom Gimbal Camera - AI Identify & Tracking, 4K 1/1.7-inch 8MP Sony Sensor, 6X Zoom

The 720p 30fps firmware is on the way
Here it comes @Wizzx
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1F8MIx7woQwEX58GUChuEX9zZ2O5qC-z5?usp=share_link

1 Like

That was so fast, thank you Frank.
I tested it now and this is the results:
Seems like there’s bug, Resolution is still 1080p30, but image is cropped to 1280x720 and there’s black bars on right side and bottom. Tested on two monitors.

Ok here

@Wizzx does the new fw work with openHD? I tried another solution, using an HDMI to usb adapter and setup gstreamer to use omxh264enc . Works fine, about 0.3 sec delay.

no, new FW not works with OHD, now I can se “No Video” message.

Hello Frank,
I upgraded my A2 mini camera with the SIYI FPV app as per the manual. Clicked upgrade with the latest camera firmware BIN file a window came up transfering took about a minute then the screen closed. rebooted camera now the app does not see the camera. the camera is working if i tilt the camera it moves.
There is no A2 topic.

Hi Frank,
seems like your TV has something special to decode HDMI signal, did you tested it on different monitors?
is there any settings in camera which can have influence into that?
It is still not working with OpenHD or Ruby or any CSI/HDMI adapter software, now is completely without video.
Just for sure I tested that on another 2 monitor with the same “cropped picture” results.

Does either of the monitor support 720p @ 29.97fps? This is exactly what A8 mini outputs with that firmware

Can we give 12V supply to camera ?

3S to 4S is fine for A8 mini

The camera is getting heated too much for 12V.

Does the heat lead to any specific problem for you?

No problem as of now

Just asking that whether that heat cause any damage to the camera ?

Specifications say this can output CVBS, is this still correct? Will it record in 1080p while outputting CVBS? I want to use this on an analog drone but be able to record 1080.

It is safe. Imaging processing creates heat, just like a laptop.

Yes, A8 mini outputs at CVBS.

Recording in SD card is not relevant with streaming. You can record up to 4K when you are streaming CVBS.

Great, thank you! Will there ever be support for larger SD Cards?

Please refer to future updates of A8 mini

To those, who are experiencing problems with HDMI → CSI adapters. There are versions of these adapters which support only 1080p25 and other versions, that support also 1080p30 (e.g. https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/HDMI_to_CSI_Adapter). I have not tested it by myself with SIYI A8 mini but this my make a difference.

When working with 720p as alternative, I would not expect 720p30 to be a solution. Those CSI → HDMI adapters support 720p50 or 720p60.

As a result, I would expect the SIYI A8 mini firmware to allow configuration of 720p50, 720p60, 1080p25 and 1080p30 for better compatibility.

2 Likes

@rmackay9
@SIYI

Been using a Cube+ (Plane v4.3.4) and A8 mini (Gimbal FW v0.2.2 and Camera 0.1.8), controlled by Mission Planner (v1.3.80) using a logictech gamepad F310. I’m sending commands over serial, following this tutorial, with the exception being that mine is on SERIAL3 (GPS1…): SIYI ZR10, ZR30 and A8 Gimbals — Copter documentation (ardupilot.org)

Yaw and Pitch control work very well - once mapped, if I move the controller joystick, the gimbal moves. However, zoom doesn’t work at all. I’ve tried mapping it to different channels, tried going into the SIYI assistant and changing “CH Config” (under gimbal config) of zoom to map zoom to a different channel, but nothing seems to work. Is there any chance someone more familiar with the ardupilot code / the SIYI API can take a look at this please?