30KM 1080p 60fps 150ms - SIYI HM30 Full HD Digital Video Link Telemetry Radio System

My friend, Jesse.
If you refer to SIYI AliExpress, I run and manage it overall. I am very sure that I understand what was happening from the beginning. And I was taking care of your issue from the beginning. I must say that it cost me a lot time. And it looks like is going to cost me more time despite what effot I have done.

So, besides of posting a complaint without updating anything to me, would you mind telling us some progress of your refund from Paypal, please? I swear that I’ve done everything I can do for this matter.
If you think it helpful, I can release all the message record relevant to this issue.

Best regards,
Frank

This was handled in a very bad way. Contact with you frank, has been great but, that didnt help . Probably the aliexpress platform itself causing the issue. I do not know. The fact that i sent the parts back and did everything i was told to do and here we are 3 months later. I would suggest you, or aliexpress or siyi or whoever, please respond to paypal.

I really love the product but, wherever this problem is comeing from has frustrated me to no end.

I apologize for posting here i got mad yesterday when everything came to a standstill again.

While image processing, the image from the camera is lagging, how do I prevent this?

What camera is connected? And what software/application is used to display video stream?

As I explained last time, the process that AliExpress respond to Paypal takes up to 6 months. Do you indicate that there is way that we can talk to your Paypal manager?

Frank, its ok . Please dont waste anymore of your time on this issue. I dont have a paypal manager. I am sure they will again contact you. If they have not i am not sure now, how any of this works. I am leaving it with the claims department at paypal and we will see what happens. Please respond to them, how you have been responding to me and all will be ok. I as yourself want this over with . Thanks.

I used the camera that came with the HM30, I tried to process the image with the python opencv and mediapipe libraries. There was a delay.

Do you mean that you process the video stream directly instead of displaying it in any software or app?

Thanks to frank and his team for getting me all sorted. I really appreciate the work he did for me trying to get me a refund! Thanks alot! I got my refund!

1 Like

@SIYI Hello! I have purchased an Air Unit HDMI to ethernet converter from your website. The device works but is only outputting 720P over the ethernet connection. How do I get the device to output the full 1080P/60? I have it hooked up to a FLIR DUO PRO R camera which can output at 1080P/60…but on GCS I’m only getting 720P/30.

Thank you for any help you are able to provide!

720p 30fps is the only option for the converter

I am having problems with connecting HM30 via UDP.

If I connect via USB to HM30 I can see full telemetry and paramters download in a second into mission planner.

I can stream video over LAN connection so physical connection is ok.

If I use UDP as per the instruction manual I am able to connect initially in Qgroundcontrol or mission planner but it freezes downloading parameters due to packet loss meaning it is not useable. Has anyone experienced this and know a solution to it?

Yes I (and a few did) and no there is no solution yet. We are waiting for it

1 Like

Thank you - glad it is not just me.

@SIYI is there a timescale for fixing the bug? Its a fundamental flaw in an otherwise great product.

Edit: on request I numbered all questions 1-4

Hi hm30 community,

have been following hm30 discussion for a while.
I have two aircraft set up and flying and yes I must admit it was a struggle to get everything going.

I have an android smartphone connected to see the video stream.
Hdmi converter is also working to feed my headplay hdmi goggles.

A laptop is running mission planner (windows) or apm planner (linux) or qgroundcontrol (linux)

I managed to get all that to work.
Mission planner connects via bluetooth but has the “already got this parameter” problem. It was working ok in the beginning but the problem arose a few weeks ago and stayed.
What I do: i use an usb cable to pixhawk or matek directly to change setup and/or parameter on ground.
For flying I connect and cancel the endless parameter loading then I have flight display and everything else but cannot change parameters. But I can fly. Everything else works for example commands, arming, logging…

Qgroundcontrol connects ok via udp but the linux app constantly crashes.

I also can set my android to fixed ip 193.168.144.20 and connect via udp.
Then the android qcontrol app has both video and mavlink
I am using graphene os on a google pixel smartphone. Here you can set fixed ip adresses easily.

Problems that I still have:
When I connect goggles the mavlink telemetry is displayed in the goggles but not anymore in the android app. It took.me a while to figure this out. Hdmi converter registers as the .20 ip and therefore no mavlink anymore to the android app. I have to unplug the hdmi network cable to get mavlink back on my androip app.
Not perfect.

I am loosing connection regularly. It comes back but it is a problem.
One reason was i used a frysky xm plus receiver first to connect my radio. Somehow it was interfering with hm30.
I bought a jumper x8 receiver now and it is much better!

Wlan connection sometimes drops.
Yesterday i handlaunched the plane and suddenly there was no connection whatsoever. No radio, no mavlink. Plane was rtl loitering above me for several minutes. I had to switch wifi off and on my android and reconnect mavlink. Radio off and on then it worked again an I could take over. Be careful when switching your radio of in flight! Test this on ground before trying it in flight. Plane can disarm and all weird things can happen!

Question1 - what antenna setup helps to getter a more stable video link:
Video fades or freezes very early. Sometimes 500-1000m away. I tried different setups with different antennas. The stock patch antennas seem.to work a bit better but not happy yet.
I dont have an antenna tracker. Maybe that is needed but then the amount of equipment is even more and should be considered when buying this system. Is it better to use clover leaf antennas on the plane and helical antennas on the ground station as archangel did in his video or maybe one helical and one normal for diversity?

Radio connection and mavlink is very stable so far even further away.

Question2 - is this a hardware issue?
The video feed often gets greenish and artifacts appear. This greenish and the artifacts are also on the sd card recording so it is not a transmission problem.

Question 3 - what to do about bad internal wifi range:
The wifi connection range from hm30 ground station to android video feed is not very far. When I step about 5 meters away the video feed freezes sometimes. Thats a problem because when I land the aircraft on the other side of the hill about 15 meters away somebody has to follow me and carry the tripod with the groundstation and the laptop . we look like the three kings then looking for the evening star. Of course I can land without video and mavlink but I wanted to log landing parameters and I wantet to mention this problem as well.

Question 4 - dhcp switch via lan and howto connect clients:
It would really be helpful if somebody could explain how a lan switch is setup to connect multiple clients to the udp mavlink stream. I managed to forward it from android but this is not ideal.
When android battery depletes or crashes evrything is cut off so a multi client solution would be preferrable.
Is the switch just connected and works or do I need to set up routing tables on my clients?

I am happy to answer and help in all other problems that I was able to get to work and some of them really took me days to solve.

You are talking about the video feed via a lan switch and dhcp. Did you get mavlink also working via the lan switch? Can You please explain what settings You have?

Hi Morton,

This is quite some list :slight_smile: I have done some tests and configurations with the HM30 and found same or similar issues. I’m willing to help and on some points I can give you my thoughts or pointers. I don’t know if this thread (is already very long) is the right one to discuss all your points. One of the first things I would do is number your issues or questions. Will be easier to answer or ask more questions like :“The wifi connection range from hm30 ground station to android video feed is not very far” Do you use the internal WiFi card or a USB-C WiFi adapter. The internal one is only for short range.

Hi, thanks for your quick reply.
Yes so far I am only using the hm30 internal wifi. I am trying to keep everything simple and compact. If I add more and more hardware like a lan switch and a wifi dongle things might get even more complicated. I already think that there is too much frequency causing interference (smartphone wifi, hm30, radio transmitter) but if it helps to use a dongle I will try.

I would ask that if you do spear off with a question/answer spiel that you throw a link in so others (me) can follow please.
I have my rig tested/working in a room but we know things can change once one hits the field.
you’re correct though…it would be nice if there was a better way to consolidate the tech stuff from the general conversation stuff.

Hi everybody !
Has anyone tried using the HM30 connected to the misstion plane or Qground control to plan the flight for the UAV?
Please!