ZR10 2K QHD 30X Hybrid Zoom Gimbal Camera - SIYI's first industry gimbal camera and it won't be the last

Frank, Is there a document for controlling the ZR10 camera? Or is there an SDK or API?

There is SDK.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YvAqu_x5xzQy8xma4VKsoB0FDmXLbHhy?usp=sharing

1 Like

ZR10 Gimbal Camera Update Log

22-8-2

New Firmware

ZR10 Camera Firmware v0.2.4 svn svn306 2022-08-02

ZR10 Gimbal Firmware v0.1.8 svn6006 2022-08-02.bin

ZR10 Zoom Firmware v0.1.5 svn6007 2022-08-02.bin

Previous Firmware

ZR10 Camera Firmware v0.2.3 svn280 svn282 2022-07-06

ZR10 Gimbal Firmware v0.1.6 svn5964 2022-07-06.bin

ZR10 Zoom Firmware v0.1.4 svn5956 2022-07-01.bin

Updates

1. New feature added: Auto focus from 10X to 30X digital zoom

2. New feature added in SDK: Firmware ID, Device ID, Gimbal Attitude Acquire, Motion Mode Switch

3. Improvement: Image overexposure under strong daylight.

4. New feature added in SIYI PC Assistant: Coding format

5. Improvement: Lower the gimbal motion speed at high multiplier zoom.

6. New feature: Gimbal auto detection to confirm yaw axis position and range when it is powered on. Working with the new production lot, the yaw axis rotation range can expand to 320 degrees.

7. New feature added: Calibration for zoom curve, auto sampling.

1 Like

ZR10 Gimbal Camera Firmware Update Tutorial

Hi!
Are there drivers for ArduPilot?

1 Like

Drivers for ardupilot? What exactly does it mean?

I believe he is asking if this gimbal will work with ardupilot such as what is the control board used in the gimbal (storm32, etc…)

Can I say that it is to support Mavlink protocol for gimbal control?

@SIYI
Yep, sometimes things like rangefinder and other sensors require drivers to be written for them to work properly but this gimbal sends mavlink messages back to ardupilot that it can decode and understand the gimbals attitude and functions via that. I assume you would hook this up to any old serial port.

Thanks @anon53993083. That’s what I wanted to say.
Can I control (e.g. ROI) from ardupilot like in this wiki? Gremsy Pixy and Mio 3-Axis Gimbals — Copter documentation

Thanks for answering. To support Mavlink will be the next update. Very soon.
And it will be a common feature for all SIYI gimbal cameras in the future.

2 Likes

Cool! I am very much looking forward to it.

The mavlink gimbal support has been almost completely rewritten by @rmackay9 in the ArduCopter 4.3 (future) release.

@SIYI please use that version to test your firmware. There is a thread on this forum about it.

Thanks!
Forwarding the message to the development team

Hello guys.

Today I will show you my first impression and accurate testing on the UAV from the lead engineer at SkyLab company based in Ukraine and offices in Europe and the US.

I have experience with SIYI products - I have used SIYI MK15 in my drones for delivery, and I could say many positive words about this product, but today I want to talk about the SIYI ZR10 Camera.

One month ago, I bought 20 cameras SIYI ZR10 for my R&D team, and I was starting to test and use features and parameters. One month later, I can share my public feedback. I’m not a partner of SIYI’s company, and I didn’t get a discount on my products; I’m just a client who runs UAV products.

1. Use additional vibration dampers. I use TAROT. Original duppers are not suitable.
  2. Please use Loctite for all screw camera elements. After the first run camera, I saw how to fall out screws from the gimbal.
  3. Please Use an SD card for your camera - 10 Class and format card in FAT16; it needs to correct upgrade camera firmware.
  4. Use external power for your camera. The original wire to the SIYI receiver can’t get stable power. I use Mauch UBEC 12V, and this is work for me.
  5. And the critical thing is video RTSP flow! If you use QGroundControl for flying, you will get many troubles with the video signal. I know guys from SIYI recommend using SIYI FPV app for flying, but this app is too poor for professional UAV flying.

I hope this short list will be helpful, and you can use this not expensive camera in your UAV. Peace you.

https://youtu.be/GUsfxC54RD4

https://youtu.be/5DhrTuMg_sQ

https://youtu.be/LeULS4w_RS4

5 Likes

Thank you so much that at least someone figured out this camera. I already thought about turning to voodoo magicians or shamans with tambourines. Yes, indeed, a regular Fat32 flash drive is not updated, but turns into a “brick”. The suspension “backlash”, it is necessary to tighten all the screws. And the video in Qgroundcontrol works like “weather in autumn” (sometimes it works, sometimes it pours pixels). And yes… Why is the camera not balanced (the first rule of gimbal setting is balancing, otherwise “horizon disruption” and “soap” when zooming)? Dear Siyi, do you care about the quality of your product at all? They said loudly, what’s next?

1 Like

In the video, the gimbal itches like a fly. This is usually due to poor balance. PID settings have leveled the position, but at the same time the gimbal motors are constantly loaded (itchy).

1 Like

Hi Levhenii,

First of all, thank you very much for using SIYI products and for your accurate testing and feedback.

As we promised, we will respond to every single product issue and take care of it.

The team has read carefully about your feedback and they would like to confirm a little more detail with you. Kindly have a check.

There are four dampers coming with ZR10 gimbal camera.
Do you mean that we need more dampers or the quality of the original dampers are not as expected?

Which part do you see that the fallen screws belong to?

As stated in the specs sheet, ZR10 is compatible with FAT32 format SD/TF card (less than 32GB). So, your 64GB SD card may not work.

You were trying to power ZR10 from MK15 air unit through its Ethernet port, right?
What power are you using for the MK15 air unit?

Please check if you can use the modified QGC version by SIYI.

Yes. I mean we have to use more dampers.

1 Like

It was not screwed from the outside panel, but many screws didn’t screw inside, letting it do more vibration and not the stable horizon.

1 Like