ZR10 2K QHD 30X Hybrid Zoom Gimbal Camera - SIYI's first industry gimbal camera and it won't be the last

I have upgraded both Gimbal and zoom firmware separately, then tried changing the zoom firmware because the previous one wasn’t working

Please send a video to show us the problem

I can manage the gimbal from the rc channel of the controller, but I want to connect the gimbal with dronekit in python and control it autonomously with mavlink or dronekit.

@SIYI mode switching (follow\fpv\lock) does not work either through the application of “siyi fpv” not through the flight controller.

Does it change simply by PC Assistant settings by removing S.Bus switching, FC switching, and APP switching?

i checked it. When only power is connected - through the assistant I can change the gimbal operation mode to FPV. When only air unit control is connected - I can change the gimbal operation mode to FPS through SIYI FPV APP. But when I connect the flight controller, I can not set the gimbal mode on the FPV. @rmackay9 i this this is ardupilot issue. Can a “mount lock” function have three positions: Lock, follow, fpv?

@gumskadirr,

In case it helps, we have details on AP’s MAVLink Interface wiki page re how to control the camera and/or gimbal. If you’re able to run MAVProxy then there are even examples on these pages which can be cut-and-pasted into the MAVProxy command line to test controlling the camera and/or gimbal.

So you should be able to setup the Siyi gimbal to work with AP, then use MAVProxy, DroneKit, pymavlink, etc to send commands to AP and it will move the Siyi gimbal around, zoom, take pictures, etc.

@Alexey_Degterev,

If AP is in control of the Siyi camera gimbal it will not allow you to switch the gimbal into FPV mode. AP only supports lock and follow. Adding support for FPV mode is on the to-do list but it takes some time for us to get through the list and it’s not quite as simple a change as it may appear.

1 Like

I have attached the video of the problem. I am not able to zoom in.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V34Ce9tflEJ-qjfQikheNH-U1cUhnL4k/view?usp=share_link

Is there any chance we can connect from ZR10 to HM30 other than RTSP? We are currently experiencing a delay of 0.7 seconds, and we have a competition in about a week. If we cannot reduce this delay, we will not be able to use this system. We are thinking of connecting via UDP, which we believe would not cause any issues. We would be very grateful if you could help us.

can you send example python code.

Try Happy Time rtsp client around 150 ms / 0.15 sec its free

Please revert as soon as possible.

Regards.

The image I got from HappyTime is fine but I don’t use that image in python.
I need to process it with open-cv.Thank you.

Please send an email to support@siyi.biz and the issue will be taken over there, thanks

@SIYI I’m facing similar issue where i m not receiving any video feed. I followed steps mentioned in manual as well as from forum.

One more thing I noticed Im getting images stored in sd card but video stream is not available on mk15, and when I click on capture it shows camera not found.
I have upgraded gimbal and zoom firmware through PC_ASSISTANT. Also Upgraded camera firmware using SD card. plus my SIYI FPV App is also the latest version. @SIYI can you please help me debugging the issue

@SIYI We are waiting for reply from siyi support team for past 3-4 days still no one connected with us through mail also i posted problem on forum so i request @SIYI to kindly reach out to us. we are facing problems with two cameras which need to be debug as soon as possible.

• one camera is showing green indication after booting.
  • second camera is showing IMU temp indication after booting.

Since @SIYI support team earlier last weel mentioned to reset firmware, which we did and still we are facing the same issue, still its showing

• Disconnected on MK15,
  • Video feed is missing,
  • Ping timeout fails at 192.168.144.25 / 26
  • Photos are captured in SD card but no video feed on MK15
  • We can control gimbal movement with MK15.

The connection side is fine since you can control the gimbal.
One thing I could think of is trying to reinstall the camera firmware. I experience what seemed to be a camera upgrade but it did not actually upgrade until I used an old 16GB microSD formatted to something I read in this forum, but I do not remember now. The firmware file was deleted in my case even if the upgrade failed. If the led flashes green than you have successfully upgraded all 3 components of them ZR10.
If that is not it, I would say to triple check that you have the latest of everything. There were several places (GDrives) that I found that had software on them and when I had issues the latest was in just one place.
Good luck!

@SIYI please can you provide a nice/tested gstreamer pipeline to use with mission planner?

Your modified QGC has a very nice image quality and latency, though we can’t setup a camera joystick or directly use the point camera here tool like mission planner. Furthermore if the link fails for any reason, the rtsp freezes.

Another request is if you could probably add multicast rtp or udp stream instead of rtsp and in the siyi assistant menu select the bitrate and the ip to be casted (i.e. 239.x.x.x.) this way you could stream the video to digital link, 4G, another laptop, mesh radio etc etc

Finally, a small bug notice is that the on screen menu disappear, but if you go in and out in the application settings re appears.

Best,
D