ZR10 2K QHD 30X Hybrid Zoom Gimbal Camera - SIYI's first industry gimbal camera and it won't be the last

Please send the issue with video to support@siyi.biz

hi! any news about this feature?

Hi Frank,
How can we get the video from the zr10 camera to the raspberry pi and control the gimbal.
Thanks in advance.

@SIYI and @rmackay9 Hi Frank, is there an easy way to share the pointing coordinates (AkA ground crossing aim coords), via mission planner? Or is there a message that I can already fetch with pymavlink ??

Ps( latest copter, latest firmware set for cam, zoom, gimbal, connection via serial)

Best,
D

Hi @gumskadirr,

We don’t have any advice on how to get the video from the camera onto an RPI4. This is certainly possible using Ethernet and we hope to start a project in the next month or so to figure out how to do this and make it easier for developers to do the same.

Our developer wiki has a MAVLink interface page for gimbal and camera controls.

@Dimitris_Stefanakis,

The mount-poi lua script can calculate the lat, lon and altitude of where the gimbal the pointing. In the future we hope to move this to the C++ and send a MAVLink message at about 1hz to the GCS so that it can display this in a more convenient way to the user.

P.S. I’m planning on moving the mount-poi script to the applets directory in the near future. I’m just mentioning this in case someone see this message in a week or two and can’t find the script.

2 Likes

i have hm30. i want to take video from zr10 and add it to my own interface but i get 0.5 sec delay so i will use zr10 as ip camera and take hm30 out of use. How can i use zr10 as ip camera with gimball. If there is an option other than ip camera I can use.

To see video on your RPi screen:

ffplay rtsp://192.168.144.25:8554/main.264

To record video to file with minimum CPU usage:

ffmpeg -i rtsp://192.168.144.25:8554/main.264 -vcodec copy /tmp/capture.mkv

2 Likes

Does anyone have a gimbal mode control? Follow/ FPV / Lock . It does not work for me either through the autopilot command or through the SIYI configurator. At the same time, the gimbal control through the UART works. From SIYI FPV modes switching also not working. I try gimbal FW 0.2.4 and 0.2.5. Gimbal connected to FC via UART.

Try ArduCopter 4.4.0-dev version, it should help.

2 Likes

Which pins of zr10 should be connected to which pins of pixhawk for zr10 gimbal control.

I’m getting a lot of latency in rtsp.

Have you tried H265 streaming at 720p?

What are you viewing the video with? VLC adds a ton of buffer time (1 second by default) as do some other programs.

i open with cv2 in phython

Can you control the gimbal?

Give it a test with qgroundcontrol just to make sure the issue isn’t decoding / software related. I have great latency performance with qgc and the zr10.

yes i can. As SIYI FPV, as QGC, as rc transmitter

@SIYI Hi, This is regarding issue in zoom firmware. Solid red blinks are there in the gimbal after I am uploading the zoom firmware and I am not able to zoom in or zoom out. The gimbal currently has gimbal firmware v0.2.4 and zoom firmware v0.1.5 in it. I am facing the same problem in zoom firmware v0.2.0 as well. Kindly help out.

First thing, please update all firmware, not just the zoom firmware