Yaw tuning in 3inch quadcopter

hello,
I made a 3 inch quadcopter with speedybee f405 mini and flashed latest firmware 4.5.2.
After reading the documentation, i saw yaw usually don’t required tuning.
quad is flying ok, but i feet like some noise is coming from motor. after landing i checked the motor , as per the layout motor 3 and motor 4 is more hot than motor 1 and mot 2.

frame was good and properly screwed . motor & propeller screwed well. also noted the vibration status but it value come under 30.

question : Do i need to tune this quad before flying in alt hold and pos hold.?

also on log file it show radio failsafe in some point. i don’t lose control throughout flying. and i have telemetry connected to laptop , there is no warning showed on HUD . any further details required for this please ask.

advance thanks
1 1-1-1970 5-30-01 AM.bin (868.6 KB)

Such a small quad does require tuning.

The ArduPilot Methodic Configurator software provides a template for a 3’’ quad, with the correct sequence to tune it.

Read the user manual and start using it.

1 Like

thankyou @amilcarlucas ,
i would like to know is there any problem in my quad…did you find anything specfic issue in log file?

The main issue is that it is not tuned and vibrates like crazy.

Section1 of the Blog post will help you.

1 Like

Do i downgrade firmware version… On it’s title show it is based on ardupilot 4.4.x.
I am using 4.5.2…
Or i can use same method to tune this .
also could you please specify where i can see the vibration on log file that you mentioned in last .

advance thanks

No need to downgrade, everything is valid for 4.5.2

Read the blog post. It explains vibrations in a couple of points. I will not repeat myself here.

1 Like

You already posted a picture of it. Ideally you want to get below 10 on all axis.

1 Like

thank you @Janno

Measuring Vibration — Copter documentation,
But here they saying it 30m/s/s are acceptable. that’s make me more confused. that’s why i asked him where i can find the vibration that he mentioned. ( Is there any option for vibration checking other than VIBE in log)

No, Vibe is the only method.

But you should also look at the fft produced by the filter analysis webtool

1 Like

That’s generally wrong. Vibe levels that high will create difficulties in obtaining the best tune.

@dkemxr thank you, so the documentation is wrong or it is based on any specific condition?

It’s wrong. 30 is not a good target to be below.

Your motor heating problem is not directly related to vibe levels. The outputs are oscillating badly:

Tune the craft.

2 Likes