Servers by jDrones

What should I use for ATC_RAT_PIT_FLT* values?

I have just installed Copter-4.0.0-rc2 so I can use the harmonic notch filter and I am working through the recommended settings in “Tuning Process Instructions”. In that document it refers to ATC_RAT_PIT_FILT, which I need to set to 14.5, but the nearest I could find in the Parameter List for release 4 are these 3 items:

Is it as simple as making ATC_RAT_PIT_FLTD and ATC_RAT_PIT_FLTT equal to 14.5 and leaving ATC_RAT_PIT_FLTE at 0?

And similarly for ATC_RAT_RLL_FILT - it has been replaced with:

And similarly for ATC_RAT_YAW_FILT - it has been replaced with:

3 Likes

How big is your copter? Generall R/P FLTD&FLTT should be set to what yo had as D filter in 3.6 - on my small copters I set it to 80hz and have GYRO_FILT at 100Hz

It is a quadcopter at 520mm diagonal with 13" propellers. From the graphs in “Tuning Process Instructions”, then INS_GYRO_FILTER should be 29 and ATC_RAT_PIT_FILT should be half of 29, or 14.5.

I am not sure what you mean by “D filter”? Could you give me the full parameter name?

These are the 3 values from release 3.6 that I am trying to set in release 4.0:

ATC_RAT_PIT_FILT = INS_GYRO_FILTER / 2 = 14.5
ATC_RAT_RLL_FILT = INS_GYRO_FILTER / 2 = 14.5
ATC_RAT_YAW_FILT = 2

But release 4.0 has those extra new parameters in the screen-grabs above …

This is what I suggest:

ATC_RAT_PIT_FLTD = INS_GYRO_FILTER / 2 = 14.5
ATC_RAT_RLL_FLTD = INS_GYRO_FILTER / 2 = 14.5
ATC_RAT_PIT_FLTT = INS_GYRO_FILTER / 2 = 14.5
ATC_RAT_RLL_FLTT = INS_GYRO_FILTER / 2 = 14.5
ATC_RAT_YAW_FLTE = 2
ATC_RAT_YAW_FLTT = INS_GYRO_FILTER / 2 = 14.5

OK, thanks @Leonardthall:slightly_smiling_face: When the weather here improves, I will have another crack at getting the Autotune to complete its task.

Are you sure of this? Is the first time that I read to set FLTD for YAW instead of FLTE.

1 Like

@Taipan Sorry I made a mistake and corrected it above.

@anbello Thanks for correcting my mistake!!!

1 Like

Would be good to add that in the tuning guide.

Thanks

Harald

Yes, that will all be done as part of the 4.0 release.

As always we would appreciate any help we can get to update the wiki faster or with better presentation.

Servers by jDrones