VTOL Plane Project - Follow our journey!

When doing auto missions our plane likes to go to the last waypoint of the previous mission. A couple of days ago the plane diverged at launch and flew into a tree… (video coming soon). Is there a way to ensure the mission has been restarted? Pressing restart doesn’t seem do it inherently but rather we have to go in and out of auto flight mode…

Feels like a strange way of doing it as it leaves room for idiots like me to forget to check where the plane is headed before take off.

how are you starting the missions? What method are you using for “reset” ?

I usually press the Restart Mission button in MP. I check the Direct to current WP line is pointing at the first WP and toggle into auto mode. Arm it and chuck it into the sky. 90% of times it works perfectly but on some occasions it immediately tries to reach its previous mission’s final WP.

can you find a tlog of a time when this happened? Note that MissionPlanner always records tlogs
btw, please don’t just give me a folder full of dozens of tlogs, see if you can find the right one (that happens sometimes)

Here it is. The crash happens at the very end. Similar things happen all throughout the log but we managed to toggle back to manual and land it safely. Looking at the log now I see the Direct to WP line pointing at number 12 which is the second to last WP.

Thanks for the help Tridge :slight_smile:

Hello
I am new to the group and my English is very limited.
I am embarking on the project of making an X8 VTOL mode I already have the X8 wing is my question is as follows then I use a PIXHAWK 2.4.8 to manage the VTOL mode thank you for your answer cordially

If your question is if you can use the 2.4.8 to do this then yes! We did so for our first versions.

Anyone have an issue with vehicle:get_mode() not working?
I’m trying to verify we’re in FBWA but keep getting an error when using that command.

local MODE = vehicle:get_mode()

Bonjour Frédéric,
Ou en est votre projet VTOL X8 ? Moi-même, je suis en cours de construction d’un Skyhunter 1800 “modifié” VTOL Y3 . J’ai quelques difficultés de programmation entre MP et ma carte FC (matek H743).
Amicalement.
Robindesbois (Aubais !!)