VTOL Plane Project - Follow our journey!

We encountered this problem again after testing. We are not sure why but will reformat the card and flash the latest fw.

ERROR MESSAGE

Error:System.TimeoutException: Timeout on read - GetLogEntry
at MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface.d__252.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at MissionPlanner.Utilities.Extensions.<>c__DisplayClass1_01.<<AwaitSync>b__0>d.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at MissionPlanner.Utilities.Extensions.AwaitSync[T](Task1 infunc)
at MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface.GetLogList()
at MissionPlanner.Log.LogDownloadMavLink.b__12_0()

Thank you very much! It will be interesting to see how design variations can affect parameters. Best regards!

1 Like

A bit of a quick fix but I think it looks cool. We want to test if adding a vertical fin helps with the stability during transition phase! Will report back with our findings.

1 Like
2 Likes

What about water spill on pitot tube ?

It is a possibility. We placed it as far from the water we could to test. Sadly we didn’t get the sensor to read properly and disabled the tube for this flight.

1 Like

This community has been so awesome to us and helped us so much, I’d like to say to everyone who is actively helping people. You guys are saints!

Starting today we have some new members in the team and it’ll be interesting to see what cool things we can come up with!

1 Like

I can’t find what this sound means. The cube is stuck at initializing :confused:

https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/common-leds-pixhawk.html

Flashy blue is no-gps disarmed. Cube has managed to boot OK. What is the issue your seeing?

1 Like

The sound its making seems to be different from the usual boot up sound I’ve grown used to hearing. The initial beep boop boop is new to me.

Thanks for the link, I’ll look through it thoroughly :).

that sounds like the sdcard fail sound

1 Like

Excellent! I just saw that no logs are available either. I’m gonna buy a set of new cards and try again.

Thanks guys, you’re awesome!

Hello Tridge,

Do you have any experience with boards returning to default parameters by themselves? Just happened last night after an air speed sensor test. :confused:

Hi everyone,

we’re stil trying to get the bellylander with one axis to work. At this stage we’re trying to implement our own pitch control when in Q_HOVER mode while still having Q_HOVER control everything else. One problem we’ve run into is we need to have a pitch of zero when the nose is pointing upwards. This is because we need the pitch to change sign as it passes 90 degrees (perpendicular to the ground) in order to script the pitch control. We’ve tried to change the board orientation but that messes with the Q_HOVER controls. Is there anyway to get the pitch that Q_HOVER uses or another way to get our desired pitch without affecting Q_HOVER? @tridge

this happens automatically when setup as a tailsitter. We use a class called AHRS_View which is rotated relative to the normal fixed wing orientation when you are in a VTOL mode. So when in Q_HOVER then nose up is considered zero pitch for attitude controls.

I don’t really know what you mean by “script the pitch control”
Maybe join our discord server at ArduPilot and find me in the general voice chat room and you can explain? I can also practice my (very bad) swedish :slight_smile:

Hey Tridge!

I’ll let the guys working with this know you replied asap. Thanks for the help. :slight_smile:

We’re getting 92 A max current (60s + period) through three 60 A YEP ESC’s. They’re connected in parallel so I believe it shouldn’t be an issue? Am I wrong here?

Hello Tridge!

Thanks for your time and help, we looked into AHRS_view and we could not find a binding to get the pitch in lua. Is there already a binding that we missed or is the easiest way to add our own binding?

We appreciate the offer of talking on discord, we will try to get the pitch from AHRS_view and if that does not work we will join you in discord!

you’re right, that is missing. The question is if we add ahrs:get_view_roll etc, or add a whole new ahrs_view set of methods
Do you have a preference?

1 Like

Hello!
We think that ahrs:get_view_roll, etc is the easiest/clearest!