VTOL -- freeman2100 vertical take-off and landing fixed wing +pixhawk

Why this unstable flight (after upgrade to X7 brd) on Qloiter/QStabilized flight? I made the same hardware with copter firmware and it flew perfectly?

Tried use only one imu, reduce gyro rate, etc

I was use H7 Cuav nora before and done Perfect flight ! X7+ is more IMU and new processor, I waiting for better flight, or is hardware problem ???

did I read it right.
To buy a Freeman 2100 the shipping is 1300 bucks. wow

Alright guys, I’m in need of some help. I am unable to get rid of the oscillation in the yaw axis. I’ve played with

Q_A_ANG_YAW_P
Q_A_RAT_YAW_P
Q_A_RAT_YAW_I
Q_A_RAT_YAW_D

Up, down, sideways, etc. to no avail. I either have a large amplitude slow oscillation or a small amplitude fast oscillation. Below is the param file:

VTOL_params.param (21.0 KB)

And here is a link for the log files and a video.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13qo-JOxFVNBX0gscLcZX8JO8hsNAJnWG?usp=sharing

Would really like some advice/guidance on how to proceed in eliminating this oscillation.

Thanks!

Hi Dronedown
I need some help from you.

Alright so, we were able to eliminate A LOT of the yaw oscillation on our vehicle. The secret?

Set Q_A_RAT_YAW_FLTE to 0.

The tuning instructions on Tuning Process Instructions — Plane documentation says to set it to 2, but offers no explanation or instructions on if and/or how to adjust it.

We were at our wits end and decided to set it to 0 just to see what happened and the majority of the yaw oscillation stopped. It is not completely eliminated yet, but now the aircraft can be tuned normally.

The reduction was enough to allow us to transition.

1 Like

Hello, dear friends, who can help me set up pixhawk 2.4.8 for my freeman 2300. I don’t understand what firmware for my controller. And what version of mission planner. This is my first plane. Please help me.

They have their version of AP. you can use that Firmware type.
Or alternatively, you can use Latest Arduplane, that works also for me.

Always latest Mission Planner.

I recommend a new 4+1VTOL.

Hi everyone,
I just started to assemble the vtol based on this discussion and I could not figure out how to fix the tail wing parts. Can anyone show how it can be fixed? The doc of freeman 2100 does not have enough information on its website.
Thank you.

In my build, I used one screw on the right side to attach the servo. Left side has that open hole. I remember also having doubts about that. There might be a way to screw in the left end but it wasn’t obvious to me and hasn’t been an issue.

1 Like

I should fix the right side first and see that is fixed enough.
Thank you so much!

Hi everyone,
Anyone using CUAV x7 fc for freeman 2100?
How do you make connections on servos?
Thanks!

can you help give me your parameters

No he can’t.
Greg past away early last year.

It’s been a while since I’ve been here. Are you referring to @GregCovey? That’s sad to hear.

Hello everyone,
I just got a MFE Freeman 2100 kit and am trying to get it all to work. I am very new to drones and flight controllers in general. I have gotten to the point to where I am able to calibrate the accelerometer, compas and radio. However, when I connect all my motors and try to calibrate the ESC’s I experience a number of issues that hopefully someone here might be able to help me with. Issue 1: motors 1,3, and 4 take forever to connect. Issue 2: When they do connect and give me the audio tone, motors 1, 3, and 4 start spinning up without any input from my radio. My expectation is that none of the motors should be spinning until I give some input with my transmitter. if I put my roll/pitch stick to the top-right most position as well as the throttle/yaw stick to the bottom-left most position all the motors stop spinning. I want to be able to verify that the motors respond the way they should to what I command from my transmitter as well as input from the IMU/magnatometer. I am using a pixhawk 2.4.8 with a spektrum radio and transmitter, I am also using a ublox m8 gps module. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would suggest creating a new post. This one is completely junked up with irrelevant posts and rude tagging that went nowhere.

If your mission becomes valuable (such that the cost of the servos isn’t a primary factor), I’d like to make you aware of a couple products of ours, which you may find interesting. We offer a couple of micro servos (100oz-in and 150oz-in) that fit perfectly within the stabs, plus an all-alloy 905oz-in robotic-type brushless servo capable of accepting a 3S source and expressly designed to swing the motor/prop 90° to translate from vertical lift to forward flight. These are rugged and have all metal gear trains.

John Beech - GM (and janitor)
www.promodeler.com
407-302-3361

2 Likes

Hi guys,

I’m finishing my freeman I have a question. What is the current on hover and plane modes the freeman consumption ?

Thanks