I’ve read several posts now about folks with nearly the same problem, let me be direct:
- I think this problem is because the “factory” is not installing any firmware at all on anything. This sucks.
- Legacy firmware install within Mission Planner (v 1.3.76) works fine with my older Cube Black, I can flash and connect and upgrade the bootloader on it.
- I have uninstalled/reinstalled/repaired/driver wiped/manually wiped ALL mission planner installs and drivers. I was unable to uninstall any Microsoft HEX drivers, it gave errors I’ve never seen before so I’m not breaking my Windows 10 operating system over this so I stopped trying.
- New drivers are installed, they installed via the latest Mission Planner installer.
- If I hook up the USB cable to the Cube Orange (installed in my airframe already) and then hit Plane V4.1.6 OFFICIAL under the SETUP tab/Install Firmware option it gives this after saying “are you sure you want to”:
- I’ve reported the error, but who cares.
- My COM3 is selected because it says “CubeOrangeRevB-BL” speed is set at 57000, 115200 also does not work.
- AUTO select for COM port also does not work.
- Force Bootloader times out and reports that it was not able to send commands
- Bootloader Update also times out and reports Failed to find device on mavlink
10.5 Trying to Load Custom Firmware (.hex file pulled from official library for either copter or plane) gives this error:
- I have an updated version of Windows 10
- I had an older Cube Orange that did not survive a crash which I was able to connect and update on multiple occasions.
- This Cube Orange is NEW OUT OF THE BOX. It is also the SECOND one that I have this same issue with, I do not know the manufacturers of either nor do I care.
- I do see this information displayed after some kind of connecting attempt (lower left corner):
- I looked into DFU mode and no way am I taking this thing apart as it ruins the integrity of the flight controller (I use drones in very public places at times).
- Beta Flight Configurator, STM32 Cube Programmer and one other program that was on the documents page for first time firmware flashes but none of them worked either. They do mention DFU mode but again, no one should be expected to do this stuff.
- I’ve been using Pixhawk and Cubes since APM 2.0, I can’t figure this out.
- Connecting both the USB and a power supply (battery) to the Cube Orange does not change anything.
- Updating to Beta Mission Planner a repeating above steps does not work.
- I will not try to do Beta Firmwares uploading as it should have nothing to do with this problem.
- There is no option within Device Manager that helps this situation, but here is a pic anyways:
Any help would be appreciated greatly!