Unable to flash/update my new Cube Orange

Same issue. This is ridiculous. How many years has cube pilot been around? How many years has ardupilot been around?

You guys mean to tell me that after nearly a decade, we can’t plug in a flight controller into mission planner and get straight to work? No wonder why China is beating everyone… Orange Cube straight to the trash.

Just let me know where you threw it. I have a well-maintained Windows install so I can use it right from your trash… :slight_smile:

Seriously, connection issues are always a windows/driver issue and not related to the flight controller (unless you toast it).

1 Like

two things you can try, use the Mission planner beta or use QGC. Cool looking Drone!
IN my case a update to Beta did work last time i flashed on the Pix racer pro.

“You guys mean to tell me that after nearly a decade, we can’t plug in a flight controller into mission planner and get straight to work?” yea I never had a issue as well until a few months ago. I am hoping the new Beta has resolved this,

Nah, it’s trash. Cube is trash as well. It’s thought to be a beginner level FC but really, they’re making it more difficult than all the new FC’s coming out like Ark Electronics, Echomav, etc.

It comes down to this: Why, after more than a decade, is Cube Pilot sending out incomplete products? Open source is often an excuse to just let the community figure out the rest.

It works for around 3 million units, but it doesn’t work for you. And you assume the error is in the cube pilot side?

1 Like

Yes, this is my 6th cube. The second one I bought came bricked.

So with the new Orange + cubes, are we requiring customers to use DFU mode to make use of the product? Is that going to be part of the process now?

I cannot speak for profiCNC , but DFU programming shouldn’t be part of required the process. I agree with that.

I am having the similar issues. I bought 10 cube oranges. My previous cube orange all flashed and work well in my current Windows computer. But the new batch I bought they seem to be completely not working in windows 10. I was able to upload ardupilot into these new batches with QGC from MacBook, but on my windows computer they won’t even come up on device manager. I tried every trick in the book to have these new batches work on my windows computer but there is nothing that will fix them