Unable to flash SpeedyBeeF405 to persistent memory

I have a problem with flashing Ardupilot to my SpeedyBee F405 Wing. It will flash but will lose the firmware if powered off.It does not happen with INav firmware.

If you managed to successfully install ArduPlane on SpeedyBee F405 Wing, talk to me.
If your only experience is with INav, no need to pitch in. I have INav installed.

Hi

How are you flashing the ardupilot and what file and version are you trying to upload - what is the metros too?

I am flashing ardupilot the exactly same way I flash INav, through INav flasher. the latest ardupilot.

Try flashing it with Mission Planner. inav explicitly tells you to only flash inav FW with it.

problem is I cannot connect o MP. At all. ONLY when I flash ArduPlane in INAV and load MP, I can connect.
I tried with STM32 Cube, exatly same behavior. DFU mode is not recognized in MP.
Either I do not understand the process or this is weird.
I do not see STM32Cube bootloader option.

Here is a guide that worked for me. I know it is from Matek, but I also flashed a SpeedyBee F405 Wing this exact way. Make sure you get all the software from the links in the guide.

When you want to download the firmware from https://firmware.ardupilot.org/, be aware that your FC starts with a capital S and is higher up in the list than ‘speedybee’ with a lower s.

I tried that last night.
As I said, it WILL flash any firmware but with ArduPlane the firmware is gone once I power it off.

Does it go back to inav or is it just empty after reboot?

empty. Nothing, nada…
I flash it and for as long as I keep the power ON I can connect to MP, no problem. But once the power is off, done!!

I dont have that problem with INav.
Really freaking weird

with DFU? yes. I dont know that there is other way.

Once I had a problem flashing with serial ports connected. I suggest remove any serial device from the board and use the dfu with stmcube with arduplane + bootloader

I dont have nothing connected.

You probably did not read from the top.
Flash would work but got lost on power off. Not the case with INav.

I used INAV, Betaflight, STM32 Cube, Short of taking it apart and using ST Link, I tried everything.
I said: I can flash the firmware and for as long as the power is ON It is working.
I mentioned INAV because I can flash it any way and IT WILL STAY. ArduPlane does not stay flashed.

Which firmware did you flash with? Can you post the link to the exact one?

Might want to try the one with _BL at the end of filename for built in bootloader.

let me try. I did not see the Arduplane with BL at the end…
OK.
Let me see.
Thank you.

Nope. Did not work.
https://firmware.ardupilot.org/Plane/stable-4.4.4/SpeedyBeeF405WING/

Got both hex files and tried both with STMCube. Nope, did not stay. It flashed but power cycle will kill it.
This is getting a bit too weird.

I did it. it seems that the only way to doit is via INav flasher. CUBE did not work.

Great to hear that it works now. :+1:
Very strange problem indeed…

might it be that the STMcube/*_bl method was for an FC that had no FW already installed? (you said it had INAV already installed on it).
don’t know, just guessing.