TX1 won’t connect with Mission Planner

@peterbarker Peter, I’m having a strange issue with my TX1 and I’ll try to give you as much info as I can. System was working until a couple months ago before several MP beta updates and I had not changed anything on the aircraft. Apsync hangs on parameter load, I have video and some telemetry data on HUD. This issue seems to be specific to TX1/MP as my Edison, Solo and Pixracer all connect perfectly to MP and both TX1’s connect with APM Planner and QGroundControl. I recently loaded the October apsync on the TX1’s via GitHub repo and no change except that I now have web app😎. I also updated the Edison and it fully connects to MP. I posted on the MP page so Michael is aware of the problem as well. Cheers, RB

data on HUD. This issue seems to be specific to TX1/MP as my Edison, Solo

That’s the weird part. Shouldn’t be anythng between the platforms at this
level.

Does the log for cmavnode say anything useful when it fails? That’s in
~/start_cmavnode/cmavnode.conf

Peter,
I have been working with my TX1’s for the last week or so. I reloaded JetPack 2.3.1 and rebuilt apsync on both units through the GitHub repo and after several days of mistakes and reloads I finally have them up and running with the lastest apsync. Video, apweb, and mav work pretty much as expected so I can concentrate on the GCS links. I have one unit on the bench with a Pixracer and the other on my Hex with a PX2.1. I have run through the process many times and have a solid reference.
Top of the list is QGroundcontrol, links flawlessly every time as long as it’s the first link with apsync/ardupilot which is as intended. APM Planner works occasionally on first link but most of the time argues with system 254 and won’t fully connect without multiple reboots and connection attempts. I can always get it to link but the process varies. Mission Planner always connects with video and mav vehicle but never loads parameters. I can’t tell if it’s a mav 254 conflict but it says it’s loading parameters for my vehicle. I have attached a log file that I hope gives you some information, it is the only file in the cmavnode directory with anything in it.

Thanks, Randy B

screenlog.txt (25.7 KB)

I have been working with my TX1¢s for the last week or so. I reloaded
JetPack 2.3.1 and rebuilt apsync on both units through the GitHub repo and
after several days of mistakes and reloads I finally have them up and

Great! PRs especially welcome for the process instructions.

Top of the list is QGroundcontrol, links flawlessly every time as long as
it¢s the first link with apsync/ardupilot which is as intended. APM Planner
works occasionally on first link but most of the time argues with system 254

Shouldn’t be any need to fight; every GCS should be able to configure its
own system id.

connects with video and mav vehicle but never loads parameters. I can¢t tell
if it¢s a mav 254 conflict but it says it¢s loading parameters for my
vehicle. I have attached a log file that I hope gives you some information,
it is the only file in the cmavnode directory with anything in it.

OK, so this could be a mavlink2 vs mavlink1 issue. See if you can force
mavlink1 in Mission Planner. Someone else has reported issues with
parameters with Mission Planner against SkyViper recently, however, so
there may be something else going on here.

Thanks Peter, I’m not at all sure how to force Mavlink1

Randy Bachtell

Solved. @peterbarker I flashed the latest image and in my setup procedure I have to change the tty port in cmavnode conf to THS2 I was still having minor connection issues with APM Planner and started looking around in the file system and noticed another spot in Mavlink Router conf that referenced tty THS1 so I changed it as well. Now I get proper connects with all GCS including mission planner. Looking forward to the next release and possibly TX2 image?

Cheers and thanks for all your efforts
RB

Solved. @peterbarker I flashed the latest image and in my setup procedure I have to change the tty port in cmavnode conf to TSH2. I was still having minor
connection issues with APM Planner and started looking around in the file system and noticed another spot in Mavlink Router conf that referenced tty TSH1so
I changed it as well. Now I get proper connects with all GCS including mission planner. Looking forward to the next release and possibly TX2 image?

Ah, interesting!

Which carrier board are you using for the TX1?

RB

Yours,

Connect Tech Orbitty and the Nvidia development board, both use UART1 which I guess is THS2 because that’s how I get proper communication. The TX1 works better now than it ever has, connects UDP first shot every time. BTW, will the ZED camera plug and play with this?

Connect Tech Orbitty and the Nvidia development board, both use UART1 which I guess is TSH2 because that’s how I get proper communication. The TX1 works
better now than it ever has, connects UDP first shot every time. BTW, will the ZED camera plug and play with this?

It does for me in testing - and Randy also got it working without fuss -
there’s a video out there for that.

It’s “working” when you get VISION_POSITION_DELTA messages coming into the
autopilot.