Trouble connecting to Mission planner after wiring in Receiver.

Not sure where to start with this problem, so we’ll start with the equipment I’m using. (I would note that I’ve used ExpressLrs and have flown Betaflight for years, but I am new to Ardupilot.)

I’m using:

SKYSTARSRC SUPREME EXPRESSLRS 2.4GHZ DIVERSITY RECEIVER W/ TELEMETRY

And

SKYSTARS H7 SINGLE BMI270 GYRO FPV DRONE FLIGHT CONTROLLER

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-skystarsH7.html

I have the receiver wired to Uart 1 with these settings:

SERIAL1_PROTOCOL = 23 (RCIN)

SERIAL1_BAUD = 115

RSSI_TYPE = 3

RC_OPTIONS = 9

From following instructions found here:

So the problem that I am encountering is. Once I turn on my radio, Connect the board va a USB cable, As soon as my receiver binds to the radio. I get the sound from the pc like The USB Cord is being plugged and unplugged over and over… And I’m unable to connect to Mission Planner.

Also using the latest firmware

ExpressLRS v3.3.1.1

https://firmware.ardupilot.org/Copter/stable/SkystarsH7HD-bdshot/

HELP!!!

Welcome to the community, sorry noone answered sooner.
If you found a solution in the meantime, would you like to share?

If not, I hope this helps:

RC_OPTIONS = 9 is composed of bit 1 and bit 3. Bit 1 means “Ignore RC Receiver” which is probably the opposite what you want. You need bit 13 (value 8192) for the right baud rate and I would recommend bit 5 (value 32) for “Arming check throttle for 0 input”, resulting in RC_OPTIONS = 8224

Regarding this problem I have no definitive answer but a few ideas:

1. What USB port type are you connecting it to? If it is a USB 2.0 port, the current might be not sufficient, resulting in a brown-out and bootloop. Connect to a USB 3.0 (or higher) port or use an external power source to power the FC and receiver.
  2. Try connecting the ELRS to another Serial port on the FC and check if the problem persists to rule out weird interferences between the Serial1 and Serial0 (USB).

I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my message.

Short answer is somehow or another it worked itself out.

Long answer being that… I did have RC_OPTIONS = 8224
and yes it was 3.0 USB and I tried powering on With the battery as well. no change

i already had suspected. some interference between Serial one and serial 0. But when I moved The receiver, it made no change.

After Moving the receiver back, double checking all my settings. Powering everything down, including restarting my computer. It magically started working. ( maybe the pc?)

Good to hear it works.
And yeah, wouldn’t be the first time a restart fixed a problem ^^