Tattu CAN/SMBUS batteries are supported?

Hello,

Does these batteries are supported?

Tattu Plus 1.0 22000mAh 44.4V 25C 12S1P Lipo Battery Pack with AS150U plug

Can we have information in our ground station?.

Thank you

Hmm, the advertisement does not mention any relevant standard, so it is hard to tell, it does mention ISO9001, ISO14001 but that’s mostly used as a marketing gimmick.
SBS1.1 is supported, and that is what they should have used.
Tattu made “smart” batteries before, actually they were dumb as a stone and had a LED row that could indicate “charge” based on voltage, not actual SoC, and there were no internal cell balancing/monitoring.
So you may hope this is where they actually developed something good.
Send them an email and ask pro protocol or SBS1.1.

Tattu give me the informations with detailed protocol.

You can have a look on the bottom of this file.
Spec for TATTU 1.0 22AH 12S1P 20190726.pdf (951.5 KB)

Yes, that looks like UAVCAN, and should work.

Did anybody ever get this working?

Some time has passed, did anyone got tattu smart batteries to work with ArduPilot?

@MagicRuB , and I worked with GREPOW so their new Smart batteries are now using DroneCAN.
Josh is working to improve the DroneCAN support in ArduPilot.

@MagicRuB has a driver for the old protocol on his github but we never brought it into ArduPilot Trunk as it was easier just to get DroneCAN working

Thanks for looking into this man. Much appreciated

I’m especially interested in the Tattu 6S 16000mAh smart battery. Is that one already using the DroneCAN protocol?

@amilcarlucas if you would like I can send you the contact info. via DM for the Grepow folks in the USA. You just want to be doubly sure it is the correct one as the old ones look very similar I believe to the new ones.

@hendjosh yes please do :slight_smile:

… and please keep us updated on your findings. Interesting topic

Sorry I missed your message here. Tattu 12S 16000mAh is the only DroneCAN so far

Any support for this ?

Tattu Plus 3.0 25000mAh 51.8V 25C 14S1P Lipo Smart Battery Pack with Molex Plug (genstattu.com)

Thanks
MindProbe

@amilcarlucas & @hendjosh is there any further information available on these batteries and UAVCAN?

I assume it just requires the CAN_L and CAN_H (and ground obviously) lines from the Tattu Plus 16000 compact to my board and treat it like any other CAN power module while setting up my vehicle?

Are they supported in the current Ardupilot release?

Apologies, finding it a little tricky to find any solid information or examples of this in use. It seems like a fantastic way to simplify most builds, yet it’s hard to find any public information on it being done.

No. Tattu 12S 16000mAh is the only DroneCAN battery

If the 12S 16000mAH supports DroneCAN, how can I use it with Cube Orange and Arducopter 4.3.0? Testet it, but doesn’t work. Is there a special driver necessary?

As I have posted elsewhere, there are multiple versions of the Tattu 12S 16000mAh battery. Did you order the DroneCAN Version from GREPOW?

No special driver required. That is the whole point of using DroneCAN

Ok, then I will ask grepow for firmware with implemented DroneCAN protocol.