Striver mini VTOL 4+1 QuadPlane

Lo normal es que así sea; los alerones van a la misma salida. Eventualmente pueden ir a canales indepedientes si se quere tener un control muy fino del alabelo.

Hi udamudam
I have fighter VTOL 4+1 Quadplane , and i have faced many issues about wiring diagram CUAV v5+ and parameters…
Please can you send me your wiring setup and parameters…

My regards
Ala

Still flying the Striver…
Changed radios and put a camera out near the wingtip to get a clear forward view.
Did a flight test today and forgot to turn the cameras on :blush:

Otherwise, stills fly solid. Maybe tomorrow get a camera check…

Remembered to turn the wingcam on today!
Looks like it bounces a bit so next flight I’ll turn on the stabilization and see if it helps the video.
Uploaded a short video that shows the prop visible in quad mode. But after transition, it streamlined and stays out of the camera’s view (about 32 sec in you can see it disappear on the left side. Also left a minute of the landing transition to see it reappear into view.

1 Like

took another flight w/the camera stabilization on … think it will be fine for watching the flight progression…

[Edit so I can post more than 3x]
Tried to get a quick flight in this AM before the rain … didn’t make it …
Hit RTL. During the rough descent, you can see little streaks as if the camera was failing. Those are the rain drops that just became a downpour at touchdown.

1 Like

I recommend one suitable for monitoring 4+1VTOL.

1 Like

Hi guys
I’m building a striver with a zr10 camera from siyi,
And the support for this camera is just present in the latest version of arduplane, can I use the param from @tridge for the pids or I should start from scratch ?

Thanks

1 Like

The Striver’s been a steady workhorse the last two years …
Did a test flight to check new battery configuration. Put a camera on top to see how it did. I think it’s still quite smooth in flight and transitions well. It helps to see the smoothness when the horizon is visible with the fuselage. Only nit I have is it always overshoots the landing zone a bit and reverses back to it during descent. But, as long it lands within 1/2 a meter from launch (which it does), that’s just fine.
MFE Striver - YouTube

Hello everyone

I have jsut received my strivermini 4+1 mode

Going to start building it

Had few questions
1- can I use 22000mah tattu battery instead of 16000mah because our payload is going to be A8 mini camera only

2- and is an airspeed sensor important ? I will be using two here3+ gps , I do have a digital airspeed sensor with me but the issue is the striver will be used at different temps ranging from 30c to -10C and then due to change in temp the airspeed sensor calibration would be required, so since I will be using dual gps can I avoid the airspeed sensor ??

Waiting for feedback’s thanks

Hi

So did you use the pids by @tridge or did you tune it ??

I used the mfe parameters last file - But rith now is with error 404.
@makeflyeasy could you please check your website/doc site ?

Also did you use airspeed sensor ?

Yes.
The airspeed in my case is very important once the vtol is used for a surveillance.
flying around 20 m/s speed.

http://fw.makeflyeasy.com/Frame_params/You open the link above and try it.

Hi

Is airspeed sensor important or can we use dual gps system instead of airspeed sensor

GPS only measures the ground speed of the aircraft, airspeed is measured relative to the wing.

1 Like

The link shows prams for lots of planes , the last one is for vtol striver , confirm this has to be used for mini striver vtol 4+1 configuration

Hi

Can anyone share a photo or diagram fo setup with pixhawk cube FC, the numbering of motors etc

Also the frame type to be selected is X frame or H frame ??

Hi @makeflyeasy - I couldn’t access the parameters - with error 404.

Hi @sauravhobyy
1 - I really recommend use the same ardupilot version of the parameter file.
2 - I believe the best way is you map by yourself the motors, once each setup can be different and the wires too. The SERVOX_FUNCTION you map the function. I believe the correct frame type and class are both 1.

You’re right.