SJ6 Legend For PIxhawk Autopilot Camera Triggered

Okay sir, i will test this tomorrow and give an update. I will check on the status if the CH7 move from 1000 to 2000. Once i tested the camera trigger manually, i will move forward to Auto Mission using the QGroundControl app.

Also, what are the necessary parameters that needs to be set for camera trigger on manual? And on auto with QGround? Aside from the camera gimbal page? Thank you.

These parameters:
Cam_duration
Cam_servo_off
Cam_servo_on
Cam_trigg_type 0 for servo (Pwm)
Chax_opt to 9
Servox_function to 10

Also make sure the Brd_pwm_count is set so the Aux channel you want to use is available for PWM. Default on Pixhawk is 4 which means Aux 1-4 will be.

I can’t help you with Mission planning and execution with QGC, I use Mission Planner.

Hi sir, morning! I will be connecting the FPV cable from my camera to this pin:

So this is, AUX 2(Servo 10) right? So the brd_pwm_count is okay to be set in 4?

Hi Sir, I tested today. The CH7 respond.

But the camera wont trigger. They said, SJ6 Legend will trigger :frowning:

Does ch10out switch to 2000 for 5 sec when chan 7 does? It will only toggle for the duration set that’s why I suggested setting it to 50 (5 sec) to test it so you have time to watch the change.

I set also the parameter to 50 or 5 sec, what am i still missing?

This is the Camera with FPV cable cnnected:

This is the FPV cable connected to pixhawk on AUX 2:

Just answer the question about ch10out. is it working or not?

I dion’t know anything about that camera I’m simply trying to help you determine if the configuration is working. If it is then you figure out why the camera doesn’t trigger.

Yes, CH10out is working sir.

Then it’s configured correctly. I don’t know what you are showing with the photo of the FC and the connection to Aux 10. Connect the gnd lead to the top pin and the white PWM lead to the bottom pin of Aux 10.

Yes, thats the connection. Black as Ground to Top, Brown as Voltage to Middle and White as PWM to Bottom pin.

Disconnect the center pin. You only need gnd and signal.

I disconnected the Voltage charge in the middle, still the same camera wont react but CH10 output hold to 2000 for 5 seconds.

That’s about all I can help you with. Settings in the camera maybe.

What do you think the settings on the camera needed to be set :frowning: Im losing an options tsktsk

I don’t know. I only have an old Xiomi Yi action cam and haven’t used it in some years. Hopefully someone else can help you with that.

I saw this thread with same cam:

He got it work, i dont know how.

The version of my SJ6 Legend Firmware is 1.5.2

Hi @banjing
Try to set

Shutter : servo10

Servo Limits:
Min : 1000
Max : 2100

Shutter:
Pushed : 950
Not Pushed : 1800
Duration : 40

And connect vcc , gnd and pwm to aux2
image http://www.tuffwing.com/images/manuals/pixhawk_pins.jpg

Hi experts, thank you all for your inputs. I got the camera to work. But manual trigger using my radio transmitter. I used the CH7 and switch that has 3 options. If the switch stays in the middle the camera is idle, is your push it below the video will be triggered. If push above, it will take a photo, and if you live the switch up it will take a photo every 5 after 5 seconds.

I used the MAIN AUX 8 on the Servo output on the Mission Planner and set it to RCIN7, also enable camera_trigger on the CH7.

2 Likes