SikRadio Soild Red Light - Unable to Load or Update Firmware

So my SikRadio has a soild red light as shown:
https://imgur.com/XNn81Qq

I did some research and it’s supposed to mean it’s in “Firmware Mode”, which is ironic because I am unable to load any setting or update the firmware in both MissionPlanner and QGroundControl.

In QGroundControl, I get this error:

QGroundControl can upgrade the firmware on Pixhawk devices, SiK Radios and PX4 Flow Smart Cameras.

All QGroundControl connections to vehicles must be disconnected prior to firmware upgrade.

Please unplug your Pixhawk and/or Radio from USB.

Plug in your device via USB to start firmware upgrade.

Found device: SiK Radio

Putting radio into command mode

Error: Unable to put radio into command mode

Upgrade cancelled

If upgrade failed, make sure to connect directly to a powered USB port on your computer, not through a USB hub. Also make sure you are only powered via USB not battery.

…and in MissionPlanner I get this error:
https://imgur.com/r8Glffh

Very similar, what do these errors mean?

There is known bug going on.

Read my thread… last few comments.

It’s happening in BOTH QGroundControl and Mission Planner.

And it’s also not connecting up fine, like yours.

I believe this is a hardware issue.

Its bug in MP. Check this link.

Then how come it’s happening in QGroundControl as well?

let’s go back to the beginning.

there is TX SIK radio and RX sik Radio.

Which one is giving you this error?

@UAVSkies
Hey, sorry for the REALLY long wait.

Both telemetry radios both have a micro-usb and a 6-Pin connection that goes to the Flight Controller, so both can be used as a Tx or a Rx.

I am only having the problem with one of them, I have two more so it’s not a disaster.

I have 2 drones so I would like to use the broken one as a Rx and have the other two Tx, but since only two are working I only have one Tx and one Rx, so I have to switch back and forth :confused:

ok so looks like u have one defective one. Time to get a new radio…

Hello, even am stuck with the same issue. Were u able to solve it? if yes, please guide me through.
Thanks in advance!!!

I personally came out from this situation once.
I have a solution, hope this might help you.
I have tried this two weeks before.
Uninstall existing QGC from your system, also delete the installer from the Downloads section too.
And reinstall the QGC from their website, open the installer and make the app all set.
Now turn on your model which has the air module telem, and go to the firmware tab from the the vehicle setup option.
Connect the ground module through the pc port and let it try to upgrade the firmware.

By the above method i got rid of that red light…

Hope this would help you toooo…

I arrived to a new problem this morning.
My telemetry is not doing anything right now.
It was working fine till yesterday noon, and i tried to reconnect it didnt even get the data from the air module. Altough the led was solid green.
And today it not even getting the led on,
The red light just flashes when i connect to my laptop.
While upgrading the firmware it gets cancel in QGC.

need help ASAP.