S.port telemetry with Matek 405-wing

Hello all

Is any form of telemetry supported with a Matek 405-wing FC board running chibios?

Receiver is a FrSky R9slim+ so s.port and inverted s.port are available.

Richard

You will have to use a converter for the time being.

Hi Peter

Many thanks for replying.

Is the converter to invert the already inverted s.port ? The R9slim+ that I have has inverted and non-inverted outputs. On another board I used with iNav I had to use softserial and a resistor to support the half duplex nature of s.port. I don’t seem to be able to access the link you embedded.

Richard

Not just the inversion, you need a hardware solution for the half duplex/single wire issue.
I tried the ‘some soldering required’ method and couldn’t get it to work with the 405-wing, if anyone has success here please let us know :slight_smile:

I have it working on the 405-wing, it even has a 3.3v source so you can power the converter without it getting too hot on 5V.

So this should also work with an Omnibus F4 nano V6 FC also? Using an R-XRS Rx that also has inverted and non-inverted Sbus connections.

Fab thanks :slight_smile: I’ll give it another go, maybe I got dud converters

yep, I have a R-XSR in a miniquad, just use the standard SBus on the connector

1 Like

If I make the board - which serial uart do I plug it into - or can I choose.

sbus is on the sbus pin. I put GPS onto UART3. Just can’t find much documentation.

As I said - on the omnibus F4 I just put a resistor between the TX and RX lines of the softserial port and it all kicked to life. One resistor.

Richard

Matek F405 wing, R9 slim + and qx7 (last opentx version, last firmware on the r9 and the receiver), arduplane 3.10 dev, connecting RX1 pin of the R9 slim + on the TX4 pin of the FC.

The telemetry works with yapuu telemetry script (https://github.com/yaapu/FrskyTelemetryScript).

The parameters :
SERIAL4_BAUD 57
SERIAL4_OPTIONS 4
SERIAL4_PROTOCOL 10

2 Likes

Currently I am using Arduplane 3.9 with Frsky X8R receiver.
Pls provide your wiring diagram and relevant Arduplane/MP parameters.

I do have a C&T cable which works on my Pixhawk.
Will Arduplane v3.10 still require using a converter cable with Matek F405?