RTK gps on a budget (Quectel LC29HEA)

I would ask directly on the Quectel forum so that you can get the latest versions. If not, send me a PN

Yesterday and today I was able to compare the Quectel and the u-blox f9p mounted on the same copter (not at the same time, but at the same position). One of the things I wanted to check was how exactly the copter land back at the home point after triggering an RTL.

I was completely satisfied with the u-blox. Here’s the cut together: https://vimeo.com/983959416

I didn’t even send the Quectel on its journey with the previous waypoints and saved myself the extensive time for film cutting after it touched down more than a metre away from the target point during the first “RTL” test.

I noticed the same thing as @dennis_bowman1 at Firmware Request: LC29HEA Adjustable Update Rate for Ardupilot Utilization - #18 by dennis_bowman - Upgrade/Debug - Quectel Forums

ublox f9p:

LC29HEA:

Both GPS report RTK FIX !

The LC29HEA does not send hAcc messages, no variometer data, which I personally do not find optimal. I hope that I will soon have time (and weather conditions) to repeat the flights.

Rolf

Just for comparison to that LC29HEA distance, with an F9P what would you normally expect that distance to be, and what is the max distance you have seen for an F9P?